REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Do you think AB actually cares if he ran all over the place?

I'm more talking about passes AB would catch that our WR's not named "Robert Foster post-demotion", dropped or gave up on.

15 minutes ago, Magox said:

Not the "bad" guy but the unreasonable guy, not unlike many fans.  So you are in good company.

Unreasonable because the past ineptitude with this organization has very little to do with this current regime.   This current regime had a plan to begin with and anyone who read in between the lines and can actually view them from the actions they have committed can see that they unloaded a lot of the "talent" this team had because it didn't fit what they believe their team should field.  We can judge them reasonably in the next year or two to see whether or not they made the right decisions with some of the people they traded away or decided not to pick up.  But it's clear they wanted to instill their defense and search for a franchise QB in the first couple two years.    From most accounts, the defense is on very solid footing and there is certainly a lot of hope with what we've seen from Josh Allen.    

They now have lots of money and draft capital to shore up the team.   

Rather than applaud the FO for kicking the tires on AB, you'd rather focus your ire on Beane and company and have them pay for the past sins of this organization and criticize a somewhat raw hopeful rookie for not tearing it up with passing stats is unreasonable.  When you say "where WR"s go to die" and use that as a hammer to bludgeon this FO that is another unreasonable statement.  Why?  Because the QB they had in year one (Tyrod) was part of that problem and this FO acted quickly on it and made all sorts of trades to get the draft capital to get THEIR guy.   So that "where WR's go to die" trope is not relevant to this FO.

That's why you are getting the criticism and deservedly so.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again WHAT has JOSH ALLEN done to have WRs like AB say ok yep I am going there.

AVG Less than 200 yards a game

More INTS than TDs

They took a step maybe (only if Allen improves)  But in terms of a WR to look at Allen and see anything other than a big ? you are naive 

Big armed QB that can deliver the ball downfield.  You asked what the current regime had done for the offense, you are told, and then you change your argument.

Again thanks for your service but your posts and opinions about the team are a joke.  No matter what they do you spin it negatively.  If Briwn had signed you'd be posting about how they don't really believe in their process.  We know what you're doing.  And it's pathetic at this point.

12 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

He could kill Allen's career with his attitude. Horrible move. I wouldn't take him for free.

I completely agree. The guy is dishonorable and will throw the team under the bus.

I am relieved this fell thru. Looks like AB told the bIlls to stuff it. Now I have less respect for Beane though, as that is exactly what I expected from a POS like AB. This guy needed to be avoided... 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I'm more talking about passes AB would catch that our WR's not named "Robert Foster post-demotion", dropped or gave up on.

Do you think he looks at that and says 7 more TGTs?  No he has been in the league for 8 years.  8 years of watching the same story in Buffalo in terms of WR utilization.  Again I am not blaming this regime for the entire history but they do have 2 years of that history with still to include a Historically bad Offense under their belt

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Big armed QB that can deliver the ball downfield.  You asked what the current regime had done for the offense, you are told, and then you change your argument.

Again thanks for your service but your posts and opinions about the team are a joke.  No matter what they do you spin it negatively.  If Briwn had signed you'd be posting about how they don't really believe in their process.  We know what you're doing.  And it's pathetic at this point.

Again based off that ONE year what has Allen shown other than he is a ???

If Brown came here I would be excited that their MOVES are finally tracking what their talking points are

They SHELVED the Offense for 2 years.  Lets wee what they do year three

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah I am sure the Best ever TE to play the game is just a roll guy.  

Yeah I guess we don't need game breakers.  I have heard that now for two decades as well

So just complaining about our last 2 decades? 

Been there myself.

Not sold that Gronk would have made the same impact as a Bill, but that is just my opinion considering our GMs, coaching, and QB capabilities.

Moving on.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again based off that ONE year what has Allen shown other than he is a ???

If Brown came here I would be excited that their MOVES are finally tracking what their talking points are

They SHELVED the Offense for 2 years.  Lets wee what they do year three

If they hadn't drafted Allen you'd be all over them.  They draft their young QB and that's wrong too.  Your act is tiresome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

If they hadn't drafted Allen you'd be all over them.  They draft their young QB and that's wrong too.  Your act is tiresome.

Yep I would have been all over them for not drafting a QB.  Just like I was when they didn't draft Mahomes.

I also said they drafted the wrong Josh come draft time, but I am not bashing Allen am I?  I am just saying right now to date he hasn't proven anything to flip years of perception.

My only hope at this point is that in 5 years when AB is at the end of his career and looking to sign with a team the Bills offer him a huge deal and when he comes in to sign they pull the contract away and say,  "Nevermind, we're just remembered you don't want to play here. "

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yep I would have been all over them for not drafting a QB.  Just like I was when they didn't draft Mahomes.

I also said they drafted the wrong Josh come draft time, but I am not bashing Allen am I?  I am just saying right now to date he hasn't proven anything to flip years of perception.

Yawn.  Same old stuff.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again WHAT has JOSH ALLEN done to have WRs like AB say ok yep I am going there.

AVG Less than 200 yards a game

More INTS than TDs

They took a step maybe (only if Allen improves)  But in terms of a WR to look at Allen and see anything other than a big ? you are naive 

AB did not make a football choice.  We all know it.  That's why people are mad.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Same old three posters coming after someone because they say it like it is.  I am sorry that people don't like the truth.  

Yawn again.  What criticism will you have when they win the Lombardi?  Because we all know you'll have one.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/08/antonio-brown-steelers-bills-failed-trade-fallout

Brown may not want to go to Buffalo, but there’s more to it than the locale. Another team involved in trade discussions earlier in the week, I’m told, walked because it was communicated to them that Brown wanted, again, to be the NFL’s highest-paid receiver under a new contract. My understanding is money was a factor for the Bills, too.

How the Bills’ talks went down help to illustrate that. Buffalo first inquired about Brown on Tuesday, and talks went in a positive direction between the two teams from there. Positive enough, in fact, that the Bills got permission to discuss the deal with Brown’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

By early Friday morning, things had come undone. How? Two things had to come together for a deal to be done: the trade comp had to be agreed to—and I’m told the sides were in the ballpark on that—and the team acquiring the player has to make sure everything’s right with the player (a process that would eventually, for example, include a physical), and it wasn’t.

The Bills could have offered Brown more than Odell Beckham Jr. is getting in New York, as the NFL’s most richly compensated receiver, and maybe that would’ve convinced Brown to play there. They didn’t offer that, and the deal is now dead.

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1