REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

2 hours ago, nucci said:

how do you know he lost half a step......and how do you measure 1/2  step ? He looked pretty fast and quick to me

good point

Just because he lost a step doesn’t mean he is not good. He was still a top 5 WR last year, but it was obvious he was not as good as the previous two years. There is no doubt he is on the decline of his career. He probably has one more year as a top ten WR and another year as a top 15. He is going to command huge money and a long term deal. It would have been a good short term move but a bad long term move. Also, we don’t need guys that don’t want to be here. If they don’t want to be here they are not going to give 100%.

Just now, billspro said:

Just because he lost a step doesn’t mean he is not good. He was still a top 5 WR last year, but it was obvious he was not as good as the previous two years. There is no doubt he is on the decline of his career. He probably has one more year as a top ten WR and another year as a top 15. He is going to command huge money and a long term deal. It would have been a good short term move but a bad long term move. Also, we don’t need guys that don’t want to be here. If they don’t want to be here they are not going to give 100%.

I don't agree. I think he was just as good last year on a more dysfunctional offense.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I don't agree. I think he was just as good last year on a more dysfunctional offense.

I don’t think he was getting the same separation as the previous 2 seasons. He was not the consensus number 1 WR in football last year. Might not have even been the best WR on his team.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh another guy that just ignores everything out there as false and assumptions because it doesn't want to fit his rosey little outlook on the team

There’s more and more reporting coming out that the organizations couldn’t come to a trade agreement before Brown made any comments about not wanting to play here.  

And when it comes to anything Brown says, I don’t trust him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He was GREAT last year. 

Right up until he QUIT. 

On his teammates, coaches, and fans. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I don't baby my kids like snowflakes or anything like that but I just think the way this unfolded matters and worth commenting on.  

So this past season my 9 year old became a huge AB/Steelers fan this year.  For whatever reason.  He loves football and that became his favorite player.  He likes the Bills as much (obviously  we're a Bills family) AB just became his favorite player.  He wanted and got an AB Jersey for Christmas.  The look on his face when he got it and how happy he was.....

So 1 week later AB quits.  Do you know how hard I tried to keep him from the real story?  He would have been crushed and confused.  Here he is just really getting into football and this happens.  I told him he didn't play because he was hurt.  And that's what he knew that is what the Steelers said at the time.  And the only way he'd know if AB is getting traded is if friends are talking about it at school.

This was largely why I was so excited late last night.  I was picturing telling him the news this morning.  Which I didnt and he was still asleep at 7am anyway when I left for work.

So it got me thinking.  If this news broke at 8pm last night while he was up and not 11:30 I almost certainly would have told him.  He would have been thru the moon.    

Imagine having to explain today it didnt happen. How excited he would have been last night.  Only to be crushed today.  

This is how gross and irresponsible all journalism has become.  Rapaport jumped the gun.  That was in poor taste imo.  Same the entire NFL Nerwork.  

I'm just disappointed all around.  I feel for the 8-9 year olds in Pittsburgh that are being introduced to the professional athletes they admire and cheer for in this way.  I'm really disgusted.  

Thanks for reading....I just needed to vent.

As a parent of a nine year old I feel your pain. Vent heard 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

another guy named Gronkowski

Yep, the next role guy steps up. And when Gronk goes down...the same thing.

The point is you do not need prima donnas and stat-padding players, you just need role players who can get it done and good coaching.

Not sure if you are just listing NE players you have heard of, or defending some point that top tier (stat-wise) receivers are needed for success.

Are you saying AB is going to bring a championship to his next team?

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

they built a bunch of cap space and a losing record  over the past two years. with one of the worst offenses in history.

Doug Marrone - 15-17

Rex Ryan - 15-17

Sean McDermott - 15-17

Why is there so much belief in these two that they are any different?

because wed rather believe they are better than be miserable and talk about how bad the bills are all the time

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There’s more and more reporting coming out that the organizations couldn’t come to a trade agreement before Brown made any comments about not wanting to play here.  

And when it comes to anything Brown says, I don’t trust him. 

Is there? I'm not doubting you, but I haven't seen this reported anywhere. It seems to be universally agreed upon that Brown is the one that nixed the trade.

23 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Why do people think the media has it out for Buffalo or the Bills? If Allen is good then he will be acknowledged as such. I see the media talking highly of Baker Mayfield and the Browns have been just as much of a joke as we have.....and it’s still Cleveland.

Baker was seen as a stud before the draft. Alot of talking heads branded Allen a bust as soon as we picked him and will not deviate from that from fear of losing face. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

He was GREAT last year. 

Right up until he QUIT. 

On his teammates, coaches, and fans. 

Quit, or knew his body needed a little time to heal? I mean considering A B was the most productive player on the Steelers O which stands to reason AB was working the hardest. How about a little respect from the idiot HC?

Two sides to the story IMO K-9

1 minute ago, McBean said:

Just when I thought nothing could top the Bryant Johnson FA signing back on the old BBMB, Antonio Brown goes out and does something like this..

Someone brought up the Tyson Clabo saga in this thread. That made me chuckle. 

Just now, Figster said:

Quit, or knew his body needed a little time to heal? I mean considering A B was the most productive player on the Steelers O which stands to reason AB was working the hardest. How about a little respect from the idiot HC?

Two sides to the story IMO K-9

Needed some time to heal? Everybody in the league "needs some time to heal" late in the season. 

What a crock of crap. 

It was his, and HIS ALONE, decision to QUIT. I don't care how much of an A Hole his coach is. I don't care how much of a douche Big Ben is. Antonio Brown decided to QUIT on his teammates, coaches, and fans during a playoff chase. Period. 

I'll say this though, his body needing time to heal is the best is the most original excuse I've heard. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, iinii said:

As a parent of a nine year old I feel your pain. Vent heard 

This has nothing to do with journalism. This is how agents (and players and sometimes the teams themselves) play the game. They leak information purposefully for posturing and too see how other teams will respond.

Blaming the media for this is like blaming your phone app for the weather.