REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

1 minute ago, Buddy Hix said:

I agree that AJ and Julio are more teams friendly guys but they both want success. Despite all of us on here being fans, can anyone of us say we expect success from this team in the near future? We are all hoping for success but what is a realistic projection for wins next year? What are the chances the Bills win the division?

And I’m talking team success, which would rely heavily on the D to move them forward. Why would AJ or Julio entertain playing for this O? McBeane neglected the O so badly it needs a complete overhaul and it’s cornerstone is an unproven QB who may or may not be something. If I’m a desired skill position player, Buffalo and Zona are the absolute last teams I want to go to.

I think if AJ or Julio was acquired by Buffalo - they would probably want to negotiate extensions sure.  But i think both would show up to work as well - they seem to be professionals.

10 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I don't see any reason why a guy like AJ Green or Julio would have a problem coming here.  But guys like AB and Odell are about making themselves bigger than the game and Buffalo is pretty much the hardest place in the league to do that.

We all thought that about TO and that really wasn't the case. (I do entirely agree with you though LOL)

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

See i disagree on this.  I think he wants fame and fortune more than a ring.  If all he cared about was a ring he'd probably just stay in pittsburgh - they make the playoffs fairly consistently.  They were pretty close in 2018 (their last 3 losses by a total of 9 points, and a tie to cleveland).  

He does seem to want the celebrity, wasn't he on that masked singer show? Buffalo is a small market so there is that i suppose. 

The guy is a diva and i'm not sad we didn't get him, my blood ran cold when i saw the news this morning and i was worried we had given up a first.

9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Getting rid of a bund of high cost players who underperform their contracts (Darius for one) is part of it.  We paid the price for Overdorf's terrible contracts last year.

Nobody said anything about a culture of swell guys, just guys who actually care about football and the team and put it before themselves.

It has been 2 YEARS...at least give them this year with  $80M in cap space and 10 draft picks.

the extra picks are what rounds 4-7?

also, you just said they got rid of guys that were overpaid. They tried to bring in a guy and pay him, he said no thanks.

What do you think is going to happen in UFA this year?  The Bills are going to have to overpay to bring in the top talent that is needed.

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

My wife is a teacher (at a charter school though) and has definitely influenced hiring.  Not quite by saying I wouldn't work with so and so, but she told her boss a candidate would not be a good fit, and that person didn't get hired. 

I think you would be surprised. 

And don't get me wrong...I love my boss and I love what I do,  but personal stuff just is not taken into account where I am and I don't think it should really. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

I’m always hoping for a breakout year and the Bills win at least 12 games or so. NOW, I’m adding another layer of hope: I hope AB goes to a team expected to win 12 games, but for whatever reason....they fall off a cliff and win about 4. 

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

I think if AJ or Julio was acquired by Buffalo - they would probably want to negotiate extensions sure.  But i think both would show up to work as well - they seem to be professionals.

The same Julio who sat out the offseason last year trying to get Atlanta to get him a new contract....

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

The same Julio who sat out the offseason last year trying to get Atlanta to get him a new contract....

I think if we made it a sign/trade and made him the highest paid WR in football he would show up to work.  His current contract has him paid along the lines of allen robinson. 

Edited by dneveu

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Let me tell you where you are wrong.

1.  History has NO relevancy with THIS regime.  You can piss and moan all you want, it’s a complete waste of time to bring up things that have ZERO to do with this regime.  The only thing relevant is what Beane and McD do.  

2.  You also are not even remotely close to accurately recounting Beane and McDs time here.  

You LOVE to revel in negativity, in fact, you barely post here unless there is something negative to be all whiney about compared to the non stop posting you do when you say see Dr. Negative Bat Signal in the sky.  

So so that’s why people tell you to go be a fan somewhere else, because you don’t post like a fan.  You post more like a scorned ex lover.

History does have relevancy with THIS regime.  Players have the perception.  That is based on History.  And to date this regime has done NOTHING to change that in terms of the waste land that is WR usage in Buffalo.

So when a WR says No.  yes HISTORY has a play. It is on this regime to change that, and to date have they?  NOPE

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m all for putting weapons around him and seeing what he can do. I believe it will only help his development. If for whatever reason he doesn’t pan out then we move on to the next guy. 

And this is exactly the problem when trying to sign top WR talent. If you are a WR looking to make a name for himself to get the big $$$ contract or someone looking for a ring, are you going to bet on Josh Allen learning to be an accurate passer, and the Buffalo Bills, toilet bowl dwellers for the past 2 decades, building an offensive line?  

Or more directly to your point, would you be willing to be one of the WRs the Bills put around Josh Allen to see *if* he is the guy?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

History does have relevancy with THIS regime.  Players have the perception.  That is based on History.  And to date this regime has done NOTHING to change that in terms of the waste land that is WR usage in Buffalo.

So when a WR says No.  yes HISTORY has a play. It is on this regime to change that, and to date have they?  NOPE

Im not sure if I want a WR that doesnt understand a change (and a big one) has been made behind center.

Josh Allen can throw the ball ANYWHERE on the field......and a WR can only benefit from that

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Im not sure if I want a WR that doesnt understand a change (and a big one) has been made behind center.

Josh Allen can throw the ball ANYWHERE on the field......and a WR can only benefit from that

especially one that has made a living off his qb extending plays.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

14 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

We need Josh Allen to be a franchise QB, that's all that matters. Look at the Rams and Browns, utter laughing stocks noone wanted to go anywhere near until they got their QB.

My concern is it could be a while before the media actually allows Allen to be seen as a good QB.

Allen being a good QB goes back to the GM and HC: give him players to help him grown and the coaches have to develop him and the team around him.

The perception around the league of TP as an owner isn't that much different than RW at this point. Marrone took his money and ran, Rexy there isn't much to say and you can even look at the Sabres as well. McD and Bean got 6 wins out of a team that should have won 3 games last year. They need to improve it this year and start changing the perception; once the tide starts turning, it won't be as much as an issue. 

Just now, John from Riverside said:

And yet to date he really hasn't proven anything right?  So a WR on the back end of his career saying No to a regime that has historically been bad utilizing the WR and a QB that might or might not be good is not unfathomable

Just now, John from Riverside said:

If the player were motivated by football this might matter.  He's motivated by being famous, and being rich.  We could only really get him rich.  His jersey wouldn't be in the top 25 of league sales in buffalo, he wouldn't get national coverage in buffalo, he wouldn't be in line to be on the fox morning show after he retires - or be on dancing with the stars - etc.  

• Like (+1) 2