REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

11 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

yes it does look different. Considering his history, I am happy it didnt go through.

I wasnt disagreeing with you, btw

I didn't take as a disagreement. Just pointing it out where there was a distinction. ?

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

How about "we have a QB that managed to eek 22 receptions, 400 yards, and 3 TDs from an UDFA over the final 6 games of the season; imagine what he could do with you"

If you think 3 receptions 66 yards and 0.5 TDs a game is something that a top end WR would be OOO yeah sign me up for that

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Maybe you should be a Patriots fan.  There might still be some room left on the bandwagon.  A few might have fallen off in disgust over the Robert Kraft fiasco.

Look, this is the first coaching staff in a long time that actually has a plan and is following it.  I'm not a Process cultist, but I see what they are trying to do and am giving them this off season and upcoming season to prove it.

Through two years they have the same exact record as Marrone and Ryan.

I don't understand the blind faith in these guys.

especially after the coach says culture is the most important thing and it trumps everything else. 

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I'm just not sure that was necessarily by design.  Edelman suspended for 4 games, Gordon addition, Gronk injuries - total lack of discernable talent at WR forced them into running more.  And Brady still threw for 4400 and 30.

To me, it certainly looked to be by design.

I mean, take a look at their offseason prior to 2018:

- Let Amendola walk in FA

- Trade Brandin Cooks

- Let Nate Solder (a pass-blocking OT) walk in FA

- Sign Jeremy Hill in FA

- Trade for Trent Brown (a run-blocking OT)

- Draft an OT with their top pick

- Draft a RB with their other first-rounder

13 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

You mean one of the best WRs in the game wants to make as much money as he can in a short amount of time.

Seems unreasonable.........

What is unreasonable and disgusting is the way he tried to create a chaotic situation to the detriment of the team so he could force the issue. 

• Like (+1) 2

This was a blessing in disguise. The last thing this organization needs is a prima donna diva wide receiver who thinks he's better than the city of Buffalo. Go out and draft a good young hungry wr who can develop chemistry with Josh. Let someone else deal with Lord Big Chest....

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, iinii said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people get so worked up about the poor owners. 

....or poor football players.  Oh, how horrible the insults issued to Leveon Bell!

How long is your guaranteed contract at work?

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Maybe you should be a Patriots fan.  There might still be some room left on the bandwagon.  A few might have fallen off in disgust over the Robert Kraft fiasco.

Look, this is the first coaching staff in a long time that actually has a plan and is following it.  I'm not a Process cultist, but I see what they are trying to do and am giving them this off season and upcoming season to prove it.

Ahhh once again when you are critical of this team people tell you to go elsewhere.  Am I wrong in my history?

8 minutes ago, ALF said:

It would save a lot of time if they ask Brown where he would play and for how much.  

Still good practice run for Beane before free agency.

$hittsburgh did not give AB or his agent permission to talk to other teams - so your first point was an impossibility

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If you think 3 receptions 66 yards and 0.5 TDs a game is something that a top end WR would be OOO yeah sign me up for that

I can't decide if you're obfuscating, or if you really need help seeing the point here, but I'll assume it's the latter:

The point is quite clear: if a rookie with a horrendous OL can manage to get 22 catches/400 yards/3 TDs out of an undrafted rookie in 1/3 of a season, what could he get from a bona fide WR1 in a full season?

Can't spell it out much clearer than that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

they built a bunch of cap space and a losing record  over the past two years. with one of the worst offenses in history.

Doug Marrone - 15-17

Rex Ryan - 15-17

Sean McDermott - 15-17

Why is there so much belief in these two that they are any different?

Because McD has a plan and direction he's trying to go in.  The other two were abysmally clueless.  You can't see that?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

You seem to be implying that Sammy, Hogan, Goodwin and Woods wanted out or didnt want to play here. Where are you getting that from ? They were not retained (and you can blame the FO for that, as I do) but to say that their departure was due to their own unwillngness to play for Buffalo, that is plain wrong. 

Prove to me I am wrong.  They left.  They careers got better (well I guess with exception of Sammy). So it does not invalidate my point that this offense is HISTORICALLY inept at using WRs

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

What is unreasonable and disgusting is the way he tried to create a chaotic situation to the detriment of the team so he could force the issue. 

Which is exactly why I am glad he is not on our team. Diva WRs are one thing and I do want a WR who wants the football, but what he did in Pittsburgh against his teammates shows you all you need to know.

• Like (+1) 1

Ahhh once again when you are critical of this team people tell you to go elsewhere.  Am I wrong in my history?

Your history is well known around these parts. The least we can expect is for us fans to be positive about the future and give this regime one more off season to fix the O. If we are having this conversation one year from now, by all means advocate firing McBeane

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

You build a winning football team by getting good and great players......

There might be a good/great player in the draft. Nobody knew what Mahomes was to become. Many teams passed on Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, etc. I, personally, say thanks to AB for saying no to Buffalo. #trusttheprocess

• Like (+1) 1

Prove to me I am wrong.  They left.  They careers got better (well I guess with exception of Sammy). So it does not invalidate my point that this offense is HISTORICALLY inept at using WRs

This offense has only been around one year, completely different coaching staff before then. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nope. You implied that they did not want to be here and wanted out. The burden of proof is on you.