REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Come on, man.  At least TRY to see what is being built here.  Why did JA do more damage with his feet?  Because we had receivers that couldn't get open and an OLine that couldn't block.  These problems are being addressed in the draft and FA.  He was a rookie who didn't start the season and was injured through several weeks.  Does he have so accuracy issues?  Yes, but those should be easily fixable.  He has a cannon for an arm and is not afraid to use it; a WR should WANT to come here now. 

So you're going to list Boldin (who quit pre-season) when you're telling others to keep their head in the sand?  How is Boldin's activism career going?  

Screw AB.  I hope he goes to the Redskins where careers die.

they built a bunch of cap space and a losing record  over the past two years. with one of the worst offenses in history.

Doug Marrone - 15-17

Rex Ryan - 15-17

Sean McDermott - 15-17

Why is there so much belief in these two that they are any different?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JustWinPlease said:

Other free agents just saw this and will probably wonder why THEY should go to Buffalo, if Antonio Brown would rather retire than play for the Bills.

Beane should've been on the Pegula's jet, with Terry and Kim, McDermott, McCoy, Allen, Andre Reed, and whomever else they could get to sell him on coming to Buffalo...hell, they could've even reached out to Terrell Owens and brought him along.

Now we go from Antonio Brown to John Brown. Lol.

Nope.

Look, players have preferences for where they want to go, but different players have different priorities. Believe me, when players visit One Bills Drive as a FA, they don't leave thinking "oh man, I don't want to play there".  And agents have no problem communicating that to their players.

That's one of the nice things about the Pegulas--they've made the facilities a major attraction.  I still think that they should upgrade that abomination of a visitor's locker room so that they don't have that hurdle to clear though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Come on, man.  At least TRY to see what is being built here.  Why did JA do more damage with his feet?  Because we had receivers that couldn't get open and an OLine that couldn't block.  These problems are being addressed in the draft and FA.  He was a rookie who didn't start the season and was injured through several weeks.  Does he have so accuracy issues?  Yes, but those should be easily fixable.  He has a cannon for an arm and is not afraid to use it; a WR should WANT to come here now. 

So you're going to list Boldin (who quit pre-season) when you're telling others to keep their head in the sand?  How is Boldin's activism career going?  

Screw AB.  I hope he goes to the Redskins where careers die.

I have heard and TRY to have seen what is being built for DECADES.  And I have read those same excuses for years.

JA damage feet? WRs couldn't get open

TT damaged on feet? WR cant get open.

OL couldn't block yeah that has been being talked about nor for 20 years

I have listed more than BOLDIN.

Sammy wanted Out

Hogan 

Goodwin

Woods

Boldin

Brown

I could go on there is a lot of WRs that wont come here and want to get out to have better careers once they are GONE.  THAT is the REALITY.  THAT is what Buffalo's impression on other WRs in the league.  

And to say well come here we have a QB that can run, has a cannon and is accurate sometimes is going to change that impression, umm sorry it doesn't.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Yes, I realize that, but the Pats' entire model for winning last year was run-first.  That's all.

I'm just not sure that was necessarily by design.  Edelman suspended for 4 games, Gordon addition, Gronk injuries - total lack of discernable talent at WR forced them into running more.  And Brady still threw for 4400 and 30.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

That's too bad I was really looking forward to AB as a Buffalo Bill but in the end it could of been more harm than good for Josh Allen. At least we know Buffalo indeed believes in a #1 WR so that draft and FA just got that much more interesting for me at least. 

If AB can ruin JA then JA needs to be release now, because he doesn't have it.

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

You mean one of the best WRs in the game wants to make as much money as he can in a short amount of time.

Seems unreasonable.........

It is unreasonable because reason will tell you NFL Wide Receivers can only make so much money.   If he wanted to make more money he should have went to school for something that pays more than $70 Million dollars in the first nine years of a career.  You know many of those jobs available?

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The below link is a WGR interview with Andrew Fillipponit from Pittsburgh. The best thing that happened to the Bills is that the deal for AB was nixed by AB and his representation. When all is said and done from AB's perspective it is about the money. One of the main points in this interview is that the conflict in Pittsburgh was to a great extent manufactured by AB to seek an avenue that would get him a new and bigger contract. 

This is an 8 min. interview. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/03-08-andrew-fillipponi-937-fan-pittsburgh-howard-and-jeremy

Cliff notes: 

This is mostly opinion and conjecture (not all though), but some of the highlights:

• Strong "buyer beware".
• Never caught a TD pass with another QB (other than Big Ben).
• He buries his QB on the field repeatedly (going back years now).
• This would be Randy Moss in Oakland all over again.
• The GM who trades for him should be fired on the spot.
• Choreographed by agent + player to get him out of his situation...(to get him to free agency).
• He (AB) did blow up this trade (from what Flillipponi heard).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JustWinPlease said:

Other free agents just saw this and will probably wonder why THEY should go to Buffalo, if Antonio Brown would rather retire than play for the Bills.

Beane should've been on the Pegula's jet, with Terry and Kim, McDermott, McCoy, Allen, Andre Reed, and whomever else they could get to sell him on coming to Buffalo...hell, they could've even reached out to Terrell Owens and brought him along.

Now we go from Antonio Brown to John Brown. Lol.

John Brown already said no last year.

This changes nothing with how FAs view us.  The view is the same as it's been for 2 decades.  We are at the bottom of most every single FAs list unless we pay to be at the top.

Just now, the skycap said:

Everyone, can we please let the AB thing go!! We want players that want to be here, period!! If AB didn't want to play in Buffalo, fine. I say go take your circus somewhere else. We're trying to build a winning football team here, not a brand!!

You build a winning football team by getting good and great players......

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Cliff notes: 

This is mostly opinion and conjecture (not all though), but some of the highlights:

• Strong "buyer beware".
• Never caught a TD pass with another QB (other than Big Ben).
• He buries his QB on the field repeatedly (going back years now).
• This would be Randy Moss in Oakland all over again.
• The GM who trades for him should be fired on the spot.
• Choreographed by agent + player to get him out of his situation...(to get him to free agency).
• He (AB) did blow up this trade (from what Flillipponi heard).

Your cliff notes are laser sharp. ?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I have heard and TRY to have seen what is being built for DECADES.  And I have read those same excuses for years.

Sammy wanted Out

Hogan 

Goodwin

Woods

Boldin

Brown

I could go on there is a lot of WRs that wont come here and want to get out to have better careers once they are GONE.  THAT is the REALITY.  THAT is what Buffalo's impression on other WRs in the league.  

And to say well come here we have a QB that can run, has a cannon and is accurate sometimes is going to change that impression, umm sorry it doesn't.

How about "we have a QB that managed to eek 22 receptions, 400 yards, and 3 TDs from an UDFA over the final 6 games of the season; imagine what he could do with you"

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sammy wanted Out

Hogan 

Goodwin

Woods

Boldin

Brown

You seem to be implying that Sammy, Hogan, Goodwin and Woods wanted out or didnt want to play here. Where are you getting that from ? They were not retained (and you can blame the FO for that, as I do) but to say that their departure was due to their own unwillngness to play for Buffalo, that is plain wrong. 

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Which, given the tenor of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POSTS, would thrill you.

you know me, I want the bills to fail.

i love being a fan of a team that continuously fails and makes he same mistakes over and over again. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sammy wanted Out

Hogan 

Goodwin

Woods

Boldin

Brown

Maybe you should be a Patriots fan.  There might still be some room left on the bandwagon.  A few might have fallen off in disgust over the Robert Kraft fiasco.

Look, this is the first coaching staff in a long time that actually has a plan and is following it.  I'm not a Process cultist, but I see what they are trying to do and am giving them this off season and upcoming season to prove it.

• Like (+1) 1