REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

When was the last time we had a QB that could use a WR?  We have one now, and AB is too dumb to see what is being built.  Couldn't care less about the TO anniversary; completely different time, we were wondering through the wilderness and no way were in a position to utilize him.

We do? Allen has a lot to prove as does the FO and coach in terms of what they want philosophically

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If we can't handle one "diva" in the locker room, our locker room is already dead.

For me, it is about quitting on the team during a playoff chase. All because he didn't get team MVP? Diva WRs who want the ball all the time is one thing, but this guy killed his team's playoff chances by being an a$shole. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billspro said:

Good for him, he won’t put up those numbers without Big Ben.

I knew it wouldn’t be long before someone said this. Allen’s numbers aren’t good because he has inferior receivers but try to get good receivers and they won’t be successful here because the QB isn’t as good. Circular-loser-mentality logic. 

Edited by Chemical
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yep.  I don't mind a team that runs the ball.  But do it for a reason.  Like if you play say - the cardinals.  Who have the worst rush defense in the NFL.  The strategy should dictate in that game that you can probably just run it to either take a lead or keep a lead.  

But when you're playing a team like KC or the Rams or NE.  The strategy dictates that you need to get first downs, stay on the field, and score points.  Not - get a lead and run it til the games over.  You have to be able to do this to win.

To be fair, the Super Bowl champions had the 3rd-most rushing attempts per game in the entire league last year, and actually had the most rushing attempts per game in the playoffs.

In the AFC Championship game, they ran the ball 48 times to KC's 12.  In the Super Bowl, they rushed 32 times to LA's 18.

The below link is a WGR interview with Andrew Fillipponit from Pittsburgh. The best thing that happened to the Bills is that the deal for AB was nixed by AB and his representation. When all is said and done from AB's perspective it is about the money. One of the main points in this interview is that the conflict in Pittsburgh was to a great extent manufactured by AB to seek an avenue that would get him a new and bigger contract. 

This is an 8 min. interview. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/03-08-andrew-fillipponi-937-fan-pittsburgh-howard-and-jeremy

Edited by JohnC

4 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

AB would destroy the Bills' locker room. Imagine what he would do to your young QB. He pouts when he doesn't get the ball even when the Steelers were winning. He quit on his team because he wasn't voted team MVP! As much as the rest of the AFCE would love to see that disaster, it was never going to happen. Be thankful...

I'd think much less of Josh Allen if he let's a WR ruin his career tbh. That's on JA to navigate the NFL world full of egos and star power and leadership qualities.

If your WR is b*****ing about you tell him to stfu haha. I hate the idea that JA needs to be in a fragile bubble. He's got to do what every other good quarterbacks have had to do to be successful and not fold for the flimsiest excuse that he has a cranky WR.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billspro said:

Good for him, he won’t put up those numbers without Big Ben.

now only if teh bills had a QB that when he was coming out of college was compared to a guy like Big Ben.

i wonder if we could get one of those.

Oh wait.....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I knew it wouldn’t be long before someone said this. Allen’s numbers aren’t good because he has inferior receivers but try to get good receivers and they won’t be successful here because the QB isn’t as good. Circular-loser-mentality logic. 

Allen will be just fine, he is a good QB. He doesn’t need Brown to be good.

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The below link is a WGR interview with Andrew Fillipponit from Pittsburgh. The best thing that happened to the Bills is that the deal for AB was nixed by AB and his representation. When all is said and done from AB's perspective it is about the money. One of the main points in this interview is that the conflict in Pittsburgh was to a great extent manufactured by AB to seek an avenue that would get him a new and bigger contract. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/03-08-andrew-fillipponi-937-fan-pittsburgh-howard-and-jeremy

You mean one of the best WRs in the game wants to make as much money as he can in a short amount of time.

Seems unreasonable.........

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

For me, it is about quitting on the team during a playoff chase. All because he didn't get team MVP? Diva WRs who want the ball all the time is one thing, but this guy killed his team's playoff chances by being an a$shole. 

As others have said, it's pretty apparent something is already rotten with the Steelers.  AB didn't start this, Leveon was the first.  Roethlisberger has a long standing reputation of not being the hardest working guy in the room, I think players saw how the organization handled Leveon vs how Roethlisberger gets treated and it's permeated the locker room.

I do believe it's clear AB is at the point where it's more about him than the team.  But this notion we can't handle any ego in the locker room and have to be a team of only blue collar guys is a sure way to go 5-11 every year.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The AB pursuit is different than simply addressing holes on the roster. It represents a dramatic change from the type of player/person they have stated they wanted to bring onto the team. Paying big bucks for a good offensive lineman is far different than pursuing a player who walked out on his team and who publicly feuded with his qb. 

yes it does look different. Considering his history, I am happy it didnt go through.

I wasnt disagreeing with you, btw

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CountDorkula said:

You mean one of the best WRs in the game wants to make as much money as he can in a short amount of time.

Seems unreasonable.........

Too bad that damn contract he signed got in the way.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Hmmm Fitz and Winston - ummm yeah nothing to write home about High Volume Passing Offense.

And do we, I hope Josh improves but he ummm does more damage with his legs than arm at this point.

It fine keep you head in the sand.  This passing offense has been trash for decades and players see that.  See Sammy, Robert Woods, Chris Hogan, TO, Boldin, and the list can go on and on, 

Come on, man.  At least TRY to see what is being built here.  Why did JA do more damage with his feet?  Because we had receivers that couldn't get open and an OLine that couldn't block.  These problems are being addressed in the draft and FA.  He was a rookie who didn't start the season and was injured through several weeks.  Does he have so accuracy issues?  Yes, but those should be easily fixable.  He has a cannon for an arm and is not afraid to use it; a WR should WANT to come here now. 

So you're going to list Boldin (who quit pre-season) when you're telling others to keep their head in the sand?  How is Boldin's activism career going?  

Screw AB.  I hope he goes to the Redskins where careers die.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Come on, man.  At least TRY to see what is being built here.  Why did JA do more damage with his feet?  Because we had receivers that couldn't get open and an OLine that couldn't block.  These problems are being addressed in the draft and FA.  He was a rookie who didn't start the season and was injured through several weeks.  Does he have so accuracy issues?  Yes, but those should be easily fixable.  He has a cannon for an arm and is not afraid to use it; a WR should WANT to come here now. 

So you're going to list Boldin (who quit pre-season) when you're telling others to keep their head in the sand?  How is Boldin's activism career going?  

Screw AB.  I hope he goes to the Redskins where careers die.

That's asking an awful lot of the good major.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

To be fair, the Super Bowl champions had the 3rd-most rushing attempts per game in the entire league last year, and actually had the most rushing attempts per game in the playoffs.

In the AFC Championship game, they ran the ball 48 times to KC's 12.  In the Super Bowl, they rushed 32 times to LA's 18.

They also passed it 46 times.  2:1 advantage on TOP and they still almost lost.  36 first downs.  

Other free agents just saw this and will probably wonder why THEY should go to Buffalo, if Antonio Brown would rather retire than play for the Bills.

Beane should've been on the Pegula's jet, with Terry and Kim, McDermott, McCoy, Allen, Andre Reed, and whomever else they could get to sell him on coming to Buffalo...hell, they could've even reached out to Terrell Owens and brought him along.

Now we go from Antonio Brown to John Brown. Lol.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CountDorkula said:

kind of like Julio Jones who signed a contract and was holding out to get a more lucrative one.....

Or Jason Peters. I don't begrudge players getting what they can, but why sign a contract then?