REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

IIRC, Sterling Sharpe was the last player to have a real escalator contract. However it wasn’t directly tied to the cap. It was a 5 or 6 year deal that guaranteed that he would be the highest paid WR (by $1) every season. 

I could even see a player like AB happily taking a contract like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Andrew Philliponi, ex-WGR, now on a PGH station, speaking with Howard and Jeremy now, says AB's goal is to get an outright release from the Steelers. He wants to pick his next team and negotiate for his best deal. Can't do that via trade.

Then if I'm Pittsburgh I let him rot since he under contract. 

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

We dont know the facts. You dont know the facts. And yes, you are in the minority of those who are upset and angry. I see most fans here being "meh, would have been good to have him, but comes with too much baggage to be a big issue"

Yes, we know the fact that there are fans that are angry, wtf is so hard to grasp about this.

Now 66 pages and counting of just meh, oh well, moving on... no, there are people who are upset/angry about the situation. Not just not getting the player, but also how this portrayed Buffalo and how Buffalo was ragged on.

I also sited there are other social media outlets other than just this site with plenty of angry/upset fans.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I don't think you give that for a player they must trade. You shouldn't be offering more than a 3rd round pick. It just goes to show Beane is in over his head.

Why do you think the deal didn't go through ? Because Bean is not over his head he is doing what any good GM would do & seeing what is out there to make the team better .

That being said i believe thats all he was doing because when the rubber hits the road McD IMHO would never bring that guy with all he has done & said against his former team mates here.

He is a player that was shown up By Ju Ju & because he wasn't "The Guy" any more is stomping his feet & taking his ball & going some where else .

But Bean is in no way in over his head he was inquiring about a player & he was probably low balling because he knew the guy was a douche bag & that's why the deal was doomed from the beginning because Bean wasn't going to give what the Steelers want !! 

Edited by T master

2 hours ago, nucci said:

then what's the point of creating all this cap space?

Smart and multiple FA acquisitions that don't spend all of the FA capital at once coupled with the draft builds a team with longevity.