REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

Just now, Captain Murica said:

Bingo, as well as Cinci and Atlanta. 

Yep don't take one swing and say well Shucks.  if you really want that NO 1 WR (clearly attitude isn't a factor) then get on the phone with Giants, Atl, Cincy, and teams that have a premier No 1 to see what the trade value looks like

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, then, let him retire. 

Would he rather go to Gruden in Oakland? Washington? He’s  leaving one of the top options because they behave like children. 

That's the thing. Oakland and D.C. are crappy cities. I don't understand all of the hate. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

14 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Colts are the most viable option with the best quarterback option for AB now then right? The others are cap strung or named the Packers or Steelers

Colts would be but they seem more in on Bell and being in the middle of Indiana probably doesn’t appeal to Brown seems AB wants to control where he is traded and on what terms I think it’s basically the Raiders and that’s it 

22 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not a beane fan, but from.what I've heard he has done his job well. Tried to add an elite player at a good rate, it didnt work out.

The only issue is how it leaked out. I don't think that's his fault. It's definitely rosenhaus and brown. And if it went down as bad as it might have with the way it was leaked, then teams are going to take that into consideration when entering negotiations.

I am a Beane fan for some of the same reasons.  He knows what he is willing to pay and he sticks by that. He doesn't let emotions carry him away in the middle of negotiations.  

And as others have said, it's a good sign that McD were willing to take on a possible problem guy.  It means they like how they have the Tam set up and they aren't afraid of the challenge.  

They also were willing to pay a big price or they wouldn't have been in serious negotiations. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I would love to see how the Message Board tough guys would react if their wives stepped out on them and then they had to go to work with them every day. 

I guess this is meant for me, but my point is simply, if that did happen to me, my boss would not give a rat's ass. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

OBJ is arguably WORSE than Brown in terms of personality. 

Talk about a me first player. The guys a ***** douche.

Julio should be their target.

haha I agree with that assessment. Worse than Brown.

I still want talent though, I'd take em

10 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Maybe that was McBeane's goal heading into free agency. 

The AB pursuit is different than simply addressing holes on the roster. It represents a dramatic change from the type of player/person they have stated they wanted to bring onto the team. Paying big bucks for a good offensive lineman is far different than pursuing a player who walked out on his team and who publicly feuded with his qb. 

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Colts would be but they seem more in on Bell and being in the middle of Indiana probably doesn’t appeal to Brown seems AB wants to control where he is traded and on what terms I think it’s basically the Raiders and that’s it 

Yep I heard Raiders most likely, Colts ideally.

I was pretty surprised to see those reports last night. AB really doesn't fit the character prototype that McBeane favors. He's a "me me me" guy while they're building a team full of team-first/play for each other kinda guys. AB's attitude would probably be a distraction and on top of that, he's 31 and wants a new monster deal. From what I gather, he's basically stamping his feet like a toddler anytime a team that he doesn't wanna go to is mentioned. I've heard the reason the Buffalo deal fell through is because they couldn't get a guarantee from AB that he'd actually show up. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I guess this is meant for me, but my point is simply, if that did happen to me, my boss would not give a rat's ass. 

Does you boss also consistently preach a message of "family" and "culture?"

Also, where do you work???? If I even alluded to my boss that because of a serious personal disagreement with someone I couldn't work with them, that person wouldn't get hired. 

And, for what its worth, that wasn't as much meant for you as some of the others. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Giants reportedly want two firsts...

Yeah well what they want and what they can get are two different things.  That shouldn't stop from the call and the negotiations

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That's the thing. Oakland and D.C. are crappy cities. I don't understand all of the hate. 

Is it About the City.  Or is it about the Market and Brand.  He comes from 150ish TGTs offense too what will he get in Buffalo based on historical 60-90.  

WHY would ANY WR want that?

• Like (+1) 1

While I agree with the "target Julio or AJ Green" comments, I think the price is going to be too high. With AB you were looking at limited suitors because of his previous actions. It was known that Pitt wanted him gone and there was limited offers on attempting to get him (allegedly). I think that's the only reason we even tried - kick the tires, get a great talent for not a lot of return due to the ego issues. 

With AJ and Julio, there's no "need" or "rush" to trade them by their teams. As a result, the price will likely be far higher. Just my opinion... 

• Like (+1) 2