REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

13 minutes ago, TOboy said:

But that's not what happened. We supposedly had a deal in place with the Steelers. And nobody is saying this had anything to do with contract demands.

The knucklehead just didn't want to come here. 

i for one am glad he ain't coming. f him don't need him and the karma that's gonna light him up.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea.

I think it's obvious the deal didn't go through because AB didn't want to come here. Simple as that.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if AB doesn’t want to go anywhere at this point. I think he wants his outright release from Pitt and nothing else will satisfy him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The taxes thing is real, but I doubt that's the reason.

As far as winning.. I happen to think we'll be winning real soon.   He'd also be the beneficiary of Josh Allen's cannon arm all game, so plenty of deep balls for his diva clown self.

Yeah, you do. I do too. But the Bills have been a bottom feeder of the league since Brown was in elementary school so it’s kinda easy to understand why he doesn’t want to come here. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

I just did. How can McD preach about culture and want to bring in a guy like Brown? It basically says all the junk about process and culture is BS, which I have always thought it is.

It means we're close and they think we have the infrastructure to handle a guy like Antonio Brown who's Top 2 at his position. I disagree with them here but we've learned something about Beane/McDermott we didn't know before last night.

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Like I said earlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if AB doesn’t want to go anywhere at this point. I think he wants his outright release from Pitt and nothing else will satisfy him. 

The NFL won’t miss him, have fun sitting out.

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Expensive? This area isn’t even close to expensive. You can buy a decent home here for 100k, a beautiful one for 350k and a literal mansion for a million (see Brandon Beane’s house). Sure, if you really hunt you can find select markets that are cheaper in the US. The vast majority of US real estate markets are far higher than the Buffalo area. 

Hi,

A decent home for 100K?

Find me that.

It's extremly expensive here, I've traveld for years and Buffalo is one of the most expensive cities to fly into and out of. 

A beautiful home for $350K is going to cost you 10K a year in property taxes.

over a 30 year mortgage, thats 300K

Other places with better weather and better paying jobs and lower income tax will have that at maybe 3K per year

that's $210K i am saving for other AREAS over 30 years.

I guess buffalo is so good that it is continued to be ranked at the top for people leaving.

Just now, wppete said:

Anyone even know what we offered Pittsburgh for AB??????

Don't think it's been reported anywhere. 

Peter Schraeger through this out this morning...could have been to flip 1st rounders with Pitt...but he was clearly speculating and not sharing something he'd heard. 

We get Antonio Brown and 20th pick. Steelers get 9th pick. Basically Antonio Brown is worth a 2nd Round pick. I'd imagine the Steelers might've thrown another pick in to make it work.

I'm fascinated by this because it means Beane wants to get to the late teens/early 20's and add another Day 2 pick. Something we all want.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1