REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

12 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Screw this ***** team and it's holier than thou coach.  Someone as knowledgeable as John Gruden calls Brown the hardest worker he's ever seen but that's not good enough? Until THE PROCESS includes assembling talent it will be a huge failure.  Stupid coach.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

It was the night before their wedding.  I can't imagine how you think that makes a difference. 

Poyer is a cheater, for sure, but that doesn't mean for a moment that he isn't possessive over his wife.  

I guarantee he cares. 

Is this true or hearsay? Great player, but can we cut him. I'm tired of his marriage. 

Beane lay down the ultimatum, it's the bills or her Jordan. Who's the one who paid you millions when even Cleveland didn't want you?

I suppose there's still a chance if the other teams can't make a deal, either.  When the Steelers' price comes down they might call Beane again. 

I like how up front Beane is about this. Puts out a statement and ends all the speculation. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wppete said:

So I just heard Rappaport say the deal Was pretty much done but Antonio Brown said he wouldn’t report to Buffalo. 

Are you just going to keep repeating old news?  The rest of us have been awake for a few hours dude.

Just now, wppete said:

All of this is upthread.  Please.

Just now, Shaw66 said:

I suppose there's still a chance if the other teams can't make a deal, either.  When the Steelers' price comes down they might call Beane again. 

I like how up front Beane is about this. Puts out a statement and ends all the speculation. 

I don’t think Beane could back track and acquire Brown at this point even for a 7th. First of all, I doubt he would change his mind and come here. Second, it would look really really weak for the organization. 

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

So I just heard Rappaport say the deal Was pretty much done but Antonio Brown said he wouldn’t report to Buffalo. 

Well, then, let him retire. 

Would he rather go to Gruden in Oakland? Washington? He’s  leaving one of the top options because they behave like children. 

Edited by Augie

This thread is getting ridiculous.  As Bills fans, we should be rejoicing that Beane wasn’t willing to overpay Brown and overcompensate the Steelers.

Hallelujah!  Beane didn’t throw his long term rebuilding plan out the window for a 10th year WR with attitude problems and maybe 2 good years left, maybe just one.

BTW, what’s the over/under on number of replies to this thread by noon today?  (I say it goes over 5000)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

There's zero cap benefit to them cutting him now and they needed to trade him before today to avoid the roster bonus.  I think he just nuked his trade value.  I don't think he plays a down of football in 2019.

Yep, he's running out of teams that are interested

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Because he's smart enough to do his business out of the public eye unlike McBeaner who tell the world what they are up to.

Huh?

For the first time since.... Polian?.... The OBD has ZERO leaks and speak very little detail about their plans

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

This thread is getting ridiculous.  As Bills fans, we should be rejoicing that Beane wasn’t willing to overpay Brown and overcompensate the Steelers.

Hallelujah!  Beane didn’t throw his long term rebuilding plan out the window for a 10th year WR with attitude problems and maybe 2 good years left, maybe just one.

BTW, what’s the over/under on number of replies to this thread by noon today?  (I say it goes over 5000)

His trade value was/is at a nadir.  Beane wouldn't have overpaid for anything.  We very likely would have gotten a hell of a value on a guy who is still top ~5 at his position.  But if you want to think this is some positive, by all means drink your kool aide.

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I highly, highly doubt Beane trades for Brown after putting out the statement he did.

Also seems like he pretty much had to say something considering the legs that this grew. Acquiring a player of Brown's stature would be a seismic huge deal and if it was actually never close to happening, it was obviously best to put a statement out there rather than letting fans continue to frenzy.

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

But he did pay a compensation package that was Agreed to by the Steelers.  and then the reports are it wasn't about money with Brown he just didn't want to play in Buffalo, and I you are a WR really why would you?