REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I'd sit him on the bench. Eat the contract and ruin his future.

These players have too much power as it is. They need to be broken.

Wow.....the players are the league...need to be broken?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And that's AB's end game, free agency.

He's signed through 2021.  Roster spots are too valuable, but I'd love it if the Steelers just let him sit at home for the next 3 seasons and hit FA at 33, 3 years removed from the league.

37 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

I'm excited we are exploring these types of deals. 

They're not going to sit on their hands this offseason. Free agency is going to be crazy. I wonder if AJ Green or Julio Jones are viable options now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Screw this ***** team and it's holier than thou coach.  Someone as knowledgeable as John Gruden calls Brown the hardest worker he's ever seen but that's not good enough? Until THE PROCESS includes assembling talent it will be a huge failure.  Stupid coach.

image.png

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

He's signed through 2021.  Roster spots are too valuable, but I'd love it if the Steelers just let him sit at home for the next 3 seasons and hit FA at 33, 3 years removed from the league.

would you pay one of your employees millions of dollars to stay home?

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Glad we're out. AB did us a favor by being honest and nixing the deal, you cant have players who have even the slightest hesitation about committing to the team. At the same time I completely understand coming to Buffalo being a hard sell at this point, it comes with the territory when you're an irrelevant franchise for two decades. Stop being irrelevant and they will come.

Shady threw the same fit about coming here, Kelly went to an entirely different league.   This is about a guy with a bleached blonde mustache being a complete and utter pain.  Not about the Bills losing.

Well, that was an exciting few hours. Before Ian Rappaport's folly, it didn't make sens to me to acquire a player who said football wasn't necessary to him.  It just didn't seem like a "process" move.

Just now, HappyDays said:

They're not going to sit on their hands this offseason. Free agency is going to be crazy. I wonder if AJ Green or Julio Jones are viable options now.

Green maybe but can't see Falcons letting Julio go.....Julio here would be great

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And that's AB's end game, free agency.

A game I think he loses, ultimately. There's no way the Steelers should just release him. I get that they want to, but they should resist the urge. If he doesn't report, you put him on the reserve/did not report list and let him languish. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Screw this ***** team and it's holier than thou coach.  Someone as knowledgeable as John Gruden calls Brown the hardest worker he's ever seen but that's not good enough? Until THE PROCESS includes assembling talent it will be a huge failure.  Stupid coach.

Well buh-bye then. Plenty of room on the Raiders bandwagon. But why isn't Gruden on the phone with the Steelers?

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

A game I think he loses, ultimately. There's no way the Steelers should just release him. I get that they want to, but they should resist the urge. If he doesn't report, you put him on the reserve/did not report list and let him languish. 

he loses years of accrual too. break him.

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

1. Poyer's wife cheated on him AB.  I realize "two men can talk it out like adults," but I think it is completely unreasonable to think that this is one of those situations where two people could talk it out. 

2. AB is 100% better than Poyer. No doubt. My point is about culture and "process."  You don't get to say that you are building a family and then throw one of your core players under the bus by bringing in, arguably, the person you hate most in the world.  When you do that, you reduce everyone in the locker room to an asset, and throw away the sense that each player is apart of "family."  

Right?  Anybody who says "sure I can work next to the guy who smashed my now fiance" is a damn liar, idc how reasonable either party is.  

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

1. Poyer's wife cheated on him AB.  I realize "two men can talk it out like adults," but I think it is completely unreasonable to think that this is one of those situations where two people could talk it out. 

2. AB is 100% better than Poyer. No doubt. My point is about culture and "process."  You don't get to say that you are building a family and then throw one of your core players under the bus by bringing in, arguably, the person you hate most in the world.  When you do that, you reduce everyone in the locker room to an asset, and throw away the sense that each player is apart of "family."  

She wasn't his wife when AB banged her. 

Poyer cheated on his first fiancé with his current wife.  Then he cheated on this current wife.

These guys don't care.  They are all tapping everything in their paths.  That's the life.