REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Ahh Adam has always been willing to say Buffalo was on the up and coming.

never been right.

but I do appreciate him usually picking Buffalo to be a good team every 2-3 seasons.

Except when Rex was here. He loathed that guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If he does end up here it will be painted in a negative light.

If the deal doesn't happen they'll joke about Buffalo and call the team that gets him brilliant.

All true.  It's going to take a breakout year for Allen and playoff appearance to change the narrative.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

This guy is a trip.  Doesnt want to play with a Hall of Fame quarterback and catch 100 passes a year.   Wants to choose where he plays despite signing a long term deal with Pittsburgh.  Wants guaranteed money.   Wont play in Buffalo for any amount of money.  Seems to me he doesnt want to play football as bad as he says he does. 

Brown has to be absolutely toxic at this point. Steelers are going to have to cut him (probably his end game), make him play, or give him away to the team he wants to go to. 

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why is the market so bleak for the greatest thing since sliced bread? Something isn't right when the arguably best receiver in the game (or so I've been told here) can't find a team willing to make a deal. 

These other teams aren't stupid. When Brown broke the football code by quitting on his teammates, coaches, and fans, he served notice league wide. Can't wait to see where he ends up and for what cheap price. Whoever he ends up with, better have a strong locker room, because this loser will start complaining the minute he feels he's not the main focus of the passing game. 

Edited by K-9

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I am super pissed.  It was my first thought.  All that "process" stuff is just BS to me now. 

How so? If you trust the culture you've created, you can add players that seem like they wouldnt fit

Was Moss a good attitude fit for the Patriots*? Of course not, but they trusted their culture enough to bring a guy like him in. 

I love that they tried and I think Brown looks like a bigger loser here than Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

OBJ would blow it up too.

I don't know what to think of Brown because Ben is such a douche.  That doesn't mean AB isn't too, so for me the jury is out.  I have no doubts whatsoever that Beckham is a gigundous moron.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I don't know what to think of Brown because Ben is such a douche.  That doesn't mean AB isn't too, so for me the jury is out.  I have no doubts whatsoever that Beckham is a gigundous moron.

but a great player

1 minute ago, Bills2ref said:

Brown has to be absolutely toxic at this point. Steelers are going to have to cut him (probably his end game), make him play, or give him away to the team he wants to go to. 

I would make him play.  No way I would cut him absorb the cap hit and let him get his way.  I also wouldnt take less for him because he is acting like a spoiled brat.

Just now, Bills2ref said:

That’s definitely what he wants - ability to choose where he wants to go. He has leverage because he’s now purposely tanked his trade value. 

Imo he’s less concerned about money than he says and less concerned about winning than he says. He’s most concerned about HIS brand and how he’s perceived. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Bingo

I 100% believe the narrative Brown wants a new contract on the team he picks.  He's going to force the Steelers to release him.  The Titans / Redskins smelled it out and pulled out before they let it get reported to the point of essentially Brown nixing an agreed upon trade.  We got used by Rosenhaus / AB and now end up the butt of jokes throughout the entire league because of it, likely through no fault of our own.

WRONG

3 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

OK. AB didn't want to come here. It wasn't about the money. Got it. And that's his prerogative.

So why did Rappaport report the story when he did, the way he did? He claims to have had "multiple sources" indicating it was basically a "done deal". Did no one think to check with AB first? Rappaport's credibility here should take a real hit over this. Very lazy reporting it would seem...

Why?  The deal was done. Bills and Steelers agreed on compensation. 

The Player blew it up. You think Steelers are happy about that?

• Like (+1) 3