REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

40 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The Steelers would never trade AB to the Patriots, there were reports of that early on when was talk he'd be moved. I'm guessing he goes to San Francisco or Oakland/Las Vegas. 

Andrew Philliponi, ex-WGR, now on a PGH station, speaking with Howard and Jeremy now, says AB's goal is to get an outright release from the Steelers. He wants to pick his next team and negotiate for his best deal. Can't do that via trade.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I mean as a bills fan I'm disappointed... I was excited hoping he'd land here. I didn't expect it at all, then it seemed possible. 

I'm not gonna walk around fuming about it all day... I see a trend in these posts... also what's with the caps?

This is a black eye on the organization to get dragged through the mud like this. Dont have to walk around fuming but there should be some anger.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Oooo such edge. We are now a less desirable spot than Cleveland. Openly mocked by reporters and game day hosts. Your not really trying to discuss it, you are just ignoring the new low this team has hit. 

Why do you care what some idiot host says?  It is not a new low, they kicked the tires, they didn't like the deal, they didn't make the deal.  You are looking for any reason you can to bash a team you supposedly root for.  That is pathetic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I think Ross is right. But I'm not convinced Brown's not liking Buffalo was entirely about on field factors.... maybe I'm wrong.

Youre not wrong.  Brown is a “brand” now.  Motivated by a combination of targets, attention, and brand value.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Um.

Two of the best players the Steelers had, quit on them.

I think there is more to this story.

I'm sure there is MUCH more to the story. 

I'm sure Ben R is the BIGGEST contributor to their discontent. 

It was THEIR decision and THEIR decision ONLY, to quit. On their teammates, coaches, and fans. 

Antonio Brown is arguably the best wide receiver in the NFL. You want the best players on your team. You build cap space to be able to afford those players. But in a league where talent is the most important thing, McDermott and Beane opted to build a culture instead of a contender. Free agents, especially those wanting to win in the near future, are going to question the commitment of the Bills willingness to build a contender. That is what I got out of this. We have the money, we have the roster space, and we have one hell of a fan base, but for some reason, none of the top players want to play for the Bills.

7 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Exactly, a=b, Bills don't get brown, he's embarrassed by them. B=C he's embarrassed by the by Bills and so forth you're embarrassed by him being embarrassed by the Bills. A=C...

Humans eat cows.  Cows eat grass. Therefore humans eat grass.

You're making the same false utilization of the transitive property.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think we are getting a bit too crazy guys.

• Brown would have been the best offensive weapon the Bills have had in 20 years, with apologies to Shady. 
  • Giving him a massive extension probably did not make sense, and that may be where Beane backed out. 
  • The Bills showed aggression by going after him. This is a good thing. 
  • We should not now say how he is old and he sucks because the trade did not happen. Some people were saying this from the beginning. This is the wrong take. Whether you hate him or love him, Brown is awesome and an explosive football player.  
  • My gut tells me, that if the Steelers really struggle to move him, they could potentially circle back around. Probably unlikely, but you never know. 
  • Brown certainly would have made the offense more potent and helped Josh Allen. At the same time, his presence had the potential to hinder Josh Allen's development because he would likely be pressured to feed Brown the ball. The E-P system is all about complimentary routes and combinations. That is why you see a Patriots guy have 12 catches one week and 2 the next. Who gets the ball is predicated on how the defense plays those combinations. Brady has mastered this, and reading the defense, and that is why the ball is out so quick. 
  • Josh Allen is the star of this team and is the offensive weapon. We need to surround him with complimentary pieces, at the same time, Brown would have been fine here and the offensive would have been explosive.  
  • Brown was a walk on at Central Michigan, a sixth round pick playing in Pittsburgh for years. I find it hard to believe he would simply refuse to go to Buffalo. All WR are divas and his blonde mustache is stupid, but this guy is a great football player and I think he would have fit in fine here. At the same time, he could have possibly been a cancer, but I doubt it. 
  • Beane and McDermott want to win. The clean process stuff is overrated and over done. There are PED guys on the team, Shady has his shady side, Dawkins had an arrest and assault, Zay had his cray cray naked, drugged up thing goin on. They want football players who will buy into team and work their butts off. From all accounts, Brown works his ass off and loves playing football. 
  • Big Ben is a giant rapist douche. He is the cancer, and Brown looks like an ass for calling him out because no one is getting his back. 

This is closest I've heard to what I agree with.  An elite WR around 30 would probably be the best value you're going to get to improve our WR corps and help Allen's development at this point, so I'm bummed about this. I'm also not going to give Brown as much of a pass (while still agreeing wholeheartedly to the first part of that last point about Ben) -- his standing up to Ben is not the problem, but taking oneself out of a game and some of the other stuff is (including IGing "fake news" during this process). 

Ultimately, this is one player and one incident and the only example of it we know of this off-season. Hopefully, this is a harbinger of the theme of this FA period in Beane's aggressiveness to pursue answers, but not in the outcome.

Now, I'm really going to get on with the day.  

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

This is a black eye on the organization to get dragged through the mud like this. Dont have to walk around fuming but there should be some anger.

I mean yea, I'll root against him forever but I'm not gonna walk around being rude to people or whatever...

I'm not really sure what Joe in Winslows point was 

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

Antonio Brown is arguably the best wide receiver in the NFL. You want the best players on your team. You build cap space to be able to afford those players. But in a league where talent is the most important thing, McDermott and Beane opted to build a culture instead of a contender. Free agents, especially those wanting to win in the near future, are going to question the commitment of the Bills willingness to build a contender. That is what I got out of this. We have the money, we have the roster space, and we have one hell of a fan base, but for some reason, none of the top players want to play for the Bills.

None of the top players want to play for the Bills.  Name the players they actively went after, the top players, that they made a serious effort to bring on that said no. 

The pity me, overreaction crap around here is crazy today.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Why do you care what some idiot host says?  It is not a new low, they kicked the tires, they didn't like the deal, they didn't make the deal.  You are looking for any reason you can to bash a team you supposedly root for.  That is pathetic.

Im sorry, but I find this to be BS.

Several reporters are saying say deal was in place and Brown did not want to come.

Its strange how all teh buffalo beat reporters have all been told the Same thing. They went to the Bills for a statement and were told the bills walked away.

All the national guys are saying it was Brown not wanting to play for the Bills that nixed the trade.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had a feeling they were going to swing for the fences on trading for a proven WR. I don’t think this will be the last one we see them pursue. 

This was the only way I thought they would have a chance at getting a proven WR, the trade bit.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Humans eat cows.  Cows eat grass. Therefore humans eat grass.

You're making the same false utilization of the transitive property.

You're showing you don't understand it again.

Why do people eat grass fed meat, free range, raised without steroids or growth hormones. Because they are ingesting what the animal ate before they ate it. I mean really...

I don't think you could have used a worse analogy to make your point. You don't get it, at all.

Edited by Ol Dirty B