REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'll say this I believe Ian Rapoport is a good journalist. I don't think he would go out on a limb based on what one dodgy source has told him. If he is still saying "all signs pointing to Brown being a Bill" he has got more than one source telling him that OR his one source is very much "horse's mouth".

That doesn't mean it will happen.... as a former journalist I know the perils of fast changing situations. But at the point Rapoport broke the story it was based on more than rumour and summation. He just isn't that kind of reporter.

For what it's worth, nfl.com is doubling down on his report.  It's still the lead story on their site.

Very weird.

41 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

We need talent at WR for sure, but he demands the ball. Allen would have to be ready now to be a franchise QB. The Bills would have to give AB 150+ targets. It's just not who they are. If that's what they plan on being next year then I understand. I just don't see Allen throwing it around like that next year. 

Ever recall Andre Reed complaining he doesn't get the ball enough?

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'll say this I believe Ian Rapoport is a good journalist. I don't think he would go out on a limb based on what one dodgy source has told him. If he is still saying "all signs pointing to Brown being a Bill" he has got more than one source telling him that OR his one source is very much "horse's mouth".

That doesn't mean it will happen.... as a former journalist I know the perils of fast changing situations. But at the point Rapoport broke the story it was based on more than rumour and summation. He just isn't that kind of reporter.

Yet someone as prominent as Schfter shoots it down

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I thought this was just internet crap, but just heard while walking the dog on NFR, they are even reporting it.  I’m not saying I believe the rumor, but never McD would even consider it.  So much for getting some stud OL in free agency.  AB if true will eat up too much cap.  I don’t want him, but Beane doesn’t have me on speed dial.

There’s no denying he is one of the top 3 WR’s in the league, but I just don’t see McD being able to reign AB in and shut up to the media.  

If it happens we arent giving him 80 mil a year. We will still have plenty of money to sign other players. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Yet someone as prominent as Schfter shoots it down

Indeed and our own Jon Wawrow poured cold water on it too. There could be a number of reasons for that.... but Rapoport is not just spitballing. He thinks this is happening. He isn't just doing 2+2=5. It isn't his style.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

For what it's worth, nfl.com is doubling down on his report.  It's still the lead story on their site.

Very weird.

It's not really all that weird for ESPN to go out of their way to dismiss something potentially positive about the Bills.  

If he does end up here it will be painted in a negative light.

If the deal doesn't happen they'll joke about Buffalo and call the team that gets him brilliant.