REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I will hate seeing this team spending $20 million a year on WR. 

I agree and would rather get OBJ but you do this when you have your quarterback still on his rookie contract. No way around it Josh Allen needs a bonifide #1 wide out.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

But he would give them a legitimate #1 receiver. And I am not sure there is one of them in this draft.

We need talent at WR for sure, but he demands the ball. Allen would have to be ready now to be a franchise QB. The Bills would have to give AB 150+ targets. It's just not who they are. If that's what they plan on being next year then I understand. I just don't see Allen throwing it around like that next year. 

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Every analytic site I know says otherwise, not to mention the actual stats. 

Analytics can only grade the players on what the players are asked to do. Smith-Schuster was not asked to run the variety of routes that AB was. Smith-Schuster is a very good player but he isn't AB. Smith-Schuster graded slightly better on PFF but his degree of difficulty was way below AB. AB is the best receiver in the National Football League - he can run every route, he has terrific hands, he can beat press, he is precise enough to beat zone. He had more than double Smith-Schuster's touchdowns - not least because when the field compresses in the redzone you need someone who can do much more route wise.

He is brilliant. Now he is 30 years of age and a total diva, no doubt.... so there are reasons to be wary about the Bills trading for him if it is at a high cost.... but his play on the field is simply beyond question.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NFLBighits said:

I agree and would rather get OBJ but you do this when you have your quarterback still on his rookie contract. No way around it Josh Allen needs a bonifide #1 wide out.

I just don't see the bills becoming a passing offense next year. 

They need WR talent, but this is the wrong way to go IMO. 

Anyone worried about Antonio Brown not wanting to play for Buffalo, don't. He'll get the largest signing bonus and gauranteed money ever that isn't a QB and the Bills will stroke his ego. 

He'll play for Buffalo and give the finger to the haters. I just don't know if it will help Josh Allen as much as we would hope. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

Anyone worried about Antonio Brown not wanting to play for Buffalo, don't. He'll get the largest signing bonus ever that isn't a QB and the Bills will stroke his ego. 

He'll play for Buffalo and give the finger to the haters. I just don't know if it will help Josh Allen as much as we would hope. 

I just posted this in the other AB thread... I fear the Bills trading assets for him, and then him deciding he doesn’t want to play anymore...however, on espn radio there is no mention of the bills being a potential suiter...so, that’s a positive sign I guess.

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I just posted this in the other AB thread... I fear the Bills trading assets for him, and then him deciding he doesn’t want to play anymore...however, on espn radio there is no mention of the bills being a potential suiter...so, that’s a positive sign I guess.

He was never coming here...

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

I'm pretty confident that this is happening, only thing left is how much money will the Pegulas drop in AB's bank account. 

Not happening, AB doesn't want to come here and the Bills never really made an offer.

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

He was never coming here...

Not happening, AB doesn't want to come here and the Bills never really made an offer.

The Bills definitely put out there to the Steelers what their offer would be. Whether they actually made one might be more debatable.

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I wouldn't worry AB not coming. My guess is it would be something like a swap of 1's plus a future pick. 

Watch the Bills trade Zay Jones to Pittsburgh as part of the deal and he goes off in a true passing offense m

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The Bills definitely put out there to the Steelers what their offer would be. Whether they actually made one might be more debatable.

They didn't they just wanted to know his going rate. AB would never come here to begin with so this is a dead issue.