REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

These guys get stuff wrong all the time. They'll just say talks broke down and move on. 

That’s certainly true ODB for individual scoopmeisters like rapoport but I don’t remember the league itself throwing up something like this on the front page of its website and then it falling apart.

1 minute ago, ALF said:

NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah adds to the discussion, saying that he can see the trade between the Bills and Steelers involving either a future pick or the swapping of first round picks in this year's NFL Draft.

If the Bills and Steelers swapped picks, Pittsburgh would move up to the No. 9 slot and Buffalo would select 20th overall.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/report-bills-closing-acquiring-antonio-brown

That would not be as steep a price as I thought.  hmmm

That would be fine by me.

I said all along that if the Bills and Steelers did a Brown deal that the swapping of one's would be the cost.

This is a deep draft and Buffalo picking at 20 (or lower) wouldn't bother me.

Again, we shall see.

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah adds to the discussion, saying that he can see the trade between the Bills and Steelers involving either a future pick or the swapping of first round picks in this year's NFL Draft.

If the Bills and Steelers swapped picks, Pittsburgh would move up to the No. 9 slot and Buffalo would select 20th overall.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/report-bills-closing-acquiring-antonio-brown

That would not be as steep a price as I thought.  hmmm

ESPN made absolutely no mention of the Bills when just now talking about AB. I guess NFL Network is going all in on this trying to back their guy. Again, I hope this doesn't happen. It would be the dumbest move of this FO by far. 

2 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

That’s certainly true ODB for individual scoopmeisters like rapoport but I don’t remember the league itself throwing up something like this on the front page of its website and then it falling apart.

Fair point. We'll see if it breaks down. I think because of the nature of "sources told me" journalism it's easy to just have a report come out if it doesn't happen saying sources say AB hinted he might not report to the Bills and the Steelers were unwilling to revoke the compensation from the Bills if this were the case. Idk they're pretty much able to make up whatever they want in sports media

• Like (+1) 1

Because rapsheet never guaranteed the trade to begin with. He said they were "close" and then a little while later said AB could still torpedo the trade by refusing to report etc.

How do we know AB didnt call up his agent and throw a fit? 

Even NFL.com says now at bottom of article that AB could still sink the deal if he doesnt want to play in Buffalo.

At 31 & 5’11” one can wonder how many more elite years does AB have in him? He has at tops 3 elite years left. Going from pick 9 to 20 might be too much of a price to pay considering there are some amazing WRs that could be available. I’d rather build a team than try to acquire one, but that’s why I’m not GM.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

At 31 & 5’11” one can wonder how many more elite years does AB have in him? He has at tops 3 elite years left. Going from pick 9 to 20 might be too much of a price to pay considering there are some amazing WRs that could be available. I’d rather build a team than try to acquire one, but that’s why I’m not GM.

What amazing WRs? 9 to 20 for 3 years of elite production? Sign me up.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

We could still get a quality WR at 20 and in the second round. Debo, Nkeal and TJ Hock come to mind, Hock probably the only one we would need to get in the 1st.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I said it was fake too.

My friend tried to convince me it was real but i said no way are we trading for an old malcontent WR.

And i was right.

You might be right, but at 3am in the morning you are certainly not right yet.

Also the guys you idolize must have shown some interest in the guy you villanize. 

I gotta say it's weird seeing so many grown men, I'm assuming you're grown, idolize and fawn over a coach and gm. I know the Bill's haven't been great in those areas, but it's just odd.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

I thought this was just internet crap, but just heard while walking the dog on NFR, they are even reporting it.  I’m not saying I believe the rumor, but never McD would even consider it.  So much for getting some stud OL in free agency.  AB if true will eat up too much cap.  I don’t want him, but Beane doesn’t have me on speed dial.

There’s no denying he is one of the top 3 WR’s in the league, but I just don’t see McD being able to reign AB in and shut up to the media.  

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

And I hope the deal never happens no matter the circumstances. The guy is a cancer. This wouldn't be like us getting a semi-humble TO late in his career. 

You're right. AB is still good and teams actually want him.

Please tell me this isnt true!! I never thought there would be a day I would be disappointed that the Bill's might get the best wr in the league. But this guy is nothing but trouble. I wouldn't want him anywhere near this team!! This would be a nightmare!!

4 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Why'd you start a new thread for this?!?

Many of us have no interest in rummaging through 30 pages of....  what always happens to a thread that goes past 10 pages on a trade rumour.