REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

9 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Bills not ready to compete. I rather build up young core around Allen. Now you got Allen having to deal with a WR who is a headcase. It puts undue pressure on your franchise QB. I think the Bills end up regretting this move if it goes through and that is not knowing what the compensation will be and the contract they need to give for him to even show up in Buffalo.

You don't watch the NFL much, do you?

NFL is so ridiculously year to year that saying the Bills are "not ready to compete" is utterly ridiculous if you believe the Front Office found their QB.

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Everyone is worried that Schefter, or whoever isnt confirming the trade.

I bet you he's pissed that he didnt get the scoop first and is wanting to seed doubt in rapsheets word by not confirming. 

Hope you're right... going to bed now and hope this trade holds up.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Bills not ready to compete. I rather build up young core around Allen. Now you got Allen having to deal with a WR who is a headcase. It puts undue pressure on your franchise QB. I think the Bills end up regretting this move if it goes through and that is not knowing what the compensation will be and the contract they need to give for him to even show up in Buffalo.

Swinging for the fences with a single flashy free agent name is not how you build a strong, championship contending team.

This is nothing the Bills haven't tried many times in the past.  Sabres too for that matter, at various points in their respective histories.

This reminds me of trading up for Sammy Watkins with EJ Manuel as the QB, and in a slightly different way, buying Mario Williams for the largest defensive K in league history, at least at the time.

PS:  If the Bills really have swung for the fences in a bid to get Brown, does that mean everything we've been hearing for so long about "the process" and "culture" was just 100% BS?

This does not seem like a very Bills move under the new regime. Need to see what we are potentially giving up here draft capital wise before making a judgement, AB is definitely talented but it's not like we're a star WR away from going to the superbowl.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jasovon said:

This does not seem like a very Bills move under the new regime. Need to see what we are potentially giving up here draft capital wise before making a judgement, AB is definitely talented but it's not like we're a star WR away from going to the superbowl.

Maybe, but it definitely puts them in the playoff picture.

Heres the thing, the colts, jets, and browns have cap space and are going to spend for the marquee players whether it be tyrell williams, leveon bell, or matt paradis. 

Its better for the bills to jump ahead of them and get the best WR available. 

Besides who would you rather pay big money to? Brown or Tyrell? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jasovon said:

Beane has never had the capital to make big acquisitions before now, so how he would act with some money in his pocket has really been an unknown.  The Bills needed a #1 WR and they may have just filled that whole in the roster before the draft with one of the top three WR's in the league. Hard to complain about that.  Now if we can just grab a couple of O-Line free agents... 

• Like (+1) 1

WHAT IF:

We trade for AB swapping firsts. 

Then draft Marquise Brown in the 2nd. 

Pats will be getting a Brown Out s**t storm twice a year!  

Boomin!  GoBills!

Edited by Alphadawg7

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You don't watch the NFL much, do you?

NFL is so ridiculously year to year that saying the Bills are "not ready to compete" is utterly ridiculous if you believe the Front Office found their QB.

Hope you're right... going to bed now and hope this trade holds up.

I am talking about championships and not being a one and done playoff team. 

Seems more like a Russ Brandon special that being about the process McDermott preaches. I guess we will see who ends up being right if deal goes down.

• Like (+1) 1

The unfounded consensus on this thread is that we’re getting Brown for an 11 pick trade back.

Those arguing against the trade are doing 1 of two things:

1- arguing against adding a HOF player in the late prime of his career without knowing the compensation. 

2- (using the above stated assumption) arguing against adding a HOF player in the late prime of his career for the literal price of Cordy Glenn. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I am talking about championships and not being a one and done playoff team. 

Seems more like a Russ Brandon special that being about the process McDermott preaches. I guess we will see who ends up being right if deal goes down.

TO helped propel the Eagles to the Super Bowl, which they might have won if he wasn't playing on a fractured leg.

7 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Damn you John Wawrow... you will be blamed for at least one man's restless sleep.

Jack-Nicholson-Middle-Finger.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

My guess is that this was really just a (dirty) play from Steelers and it was leaked in order to make Raiders increase their offer.

He will not come here, I am really not sure if it is good news or bad news. Probably bad news, since if Beane was to bring AB in here, I am pretty sure he'd had some prior agreement with him and he would normally play for Buffalo (without any drama).

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

TO helped propel the Eagles to the Super Bowl, which they might have won if he wasn't playing on a fractured leg.

Mcnabb was entering his prime going into his 6th year. What was the Eagles record leading up to those years. 1st in the NFC east for the 3 years prior to that losing in the conference championship each year. Maybe it is you who doesn’t watch enough football.

Year Record Finish (Regular / Post Season) Coach
2018 9-7-0 2nd -- NFC East 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Doug Pederson Roster / Stats
2017 13-3-0 1st -- NFC East 3-0 - Won Superbowl Doug Pederson Roster / Stats
2016 7-9-0 4th -- NFC East -- Doug Pederson Roster / Stats
2015 7-9-0 2nd -- NFC East -- Chip Kelly,
Pat Shurmur
Roster / Stats
2014 10-6-0 2nd -- NFC East -- Chip Kelly Roster / Stats
2013 10-6-0 1st -- NFC East 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Chip Kelly Roster / Stats
2012 4-12-0 4th -- NFC East -- Andy Reid Roster / Stats
2011 8-8-0 T2nd -- NFC East -- Andy Reid Roster / Stats
2010 10-6-0 1st -- NFC East 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Andy Reid Roster / Stats
2009 11-5-0 2nd -- NFC East 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Andy Reid Roster / Stats
2008 9-6-1 2nd -- NFC East 2-1 - Lost Conference Championship Andy Reid Roster / Stats
2007 8-8-0 4th -- NFC East -- Andy Reid Roster / Stats
2006 10-6-0 1st -- NFC East 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Andy Reid Roster / Stats
2005 6-10-0 4th -- NFC East -- Andy Reid Roster / Stats
2004 13-3-0 1st -- NFC East 2-1 - Lost Superbowl Andy Reid Roster / Stats
2003 12-4-0 1st -- NFC East 1-1 - Lost Conference Championship Andy Reid Roster / Stats
2002 12-4-0 1st -- NFC East 1-1 - Lost Conference Championship Andy Reid Roster / Stats
2001 11-5-0 1st -- NFC East 2-1 - Lost Conference Championship
Edited by billieve420

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

That alcohol is a drug? I'm pretty sure everyone knows this. He said no more beers for me, and I was saying I haven't had a beer in over 10 years. Don't think thay was too hard to understand.

Yes but you alluded to having a problem with alcohol which you seem to implying was the problem with the Devil’s lettuce. Pot/kettle....