If Jonah Williams and Jawaan Tayor are available when we pick, who do you take?

Dopey

Jonah can play guard or tackle where Jawaan is seen as strictly a tackle. We already have our left tackle in Dion. So do you take the more versatile player? Jonah could play RT, LT or move to the guard position. We could have the left side of our line fixed with Jonah at LG with Dion at LT, with a FA Center. Jawaan is the higher rated tackle, we could take him and move Dion to LG. Personally, I would take Jonah and have a lot more versatility in case of injury. Thoughts please?

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Jonah can play guard or tackle where Jawaan is seen as strictly a tackle. We already have our left tackle in Dion. So do you take the more versatile player? Jonah could play RT, LT or move to the guard position. We could have the left side of our line fixed with Jonah at LG with Dion at LT, with a FA Center. Jawaan is the higher rated tackle, we could take him and move Dion to LG. Personally, I would take Jonah and have a lot more versatility in case of injury. Thoughts please?

I've seen projections that say Taylor can play guard.

There are those who think Jonah Williams will struggle at the pro level playing tackle because of his moderately short arms.  He didn't test awful at the combine, but he didn't stand out either.  His strongest positive is that he's technically proficient, but he appears not to be a great athlete.  My expectation is that he will be decent as a pro, in either the tackle or guard spot, but he'll never wow you with his play.  I think Jawaan Taylor has more athletic tools, and I wouldn't discount his ability to move inside and play guard.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Dopey said:

would you put Jonah at G?

After taking him at #9? 

Is he Quinten Nelson? 

Or, MAYBE, is a DL option the better choice? 

Who wouldn’t love TWO Josh Allens on the team? (I know that’s like winning the lottery, but it would be great fun!) 

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

At #9? Maybe this all goes to prove we can move back and still get a good OT? 

Maybe.  But it would be a risk to move back.  If you need a LT, think he's the best one in the draft and he's there, you take him.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

After taking him at #9? 

Is he Quinten Nelson? 

Or, MAYBE, is a DL option the better choice? 

Definitely not Nelson, but the versatility intrigues me a lot. If Dion goes down, Jonah can move outside. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maybe.  But it would be a risk to move back.  If you need a LT, think he's the best one in the draft and he's there, you take him.

I don’t pretend to know. Dawkins may be fine if surrounded by competent players. I’m glad we pay people for this stuff, because most of us would be fired pretty quickly. At least they get a few years! 

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Christian Wilkins? Ed Oliver?  If I had to pick one of those 2 OTs it would be Taylor. 

I’d go Oliver if available, which means he will flame out. 

12 minutes ago, buffalostu2 said:

What about the story that Jonah refused to switch positions in college and only sees himself as a left tackle?

They don't pay nearly as much in college. I think he'll switch for top 10 money.

• Haha (+1) 1

Taylor & it's not close.

Taylor is a very good RT from Day 1, with the feet & ability to eventually play LT.

Jonah Williams is a Guard at the NFL level, I don't think there's any way he could play LT in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3