Case Keenum traded to Redskins

22 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wonder what this does for the Rosen spec?

Also, does this remove the Redskins as a trade down partner? I was really hoping we could drop to 15.

Why? You think the Redskins view Keenum as anymore more than a one year starter? 

It doesnt remove them at all.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

So Case Keenum was basically worth a subway token and half a ham sandwich.  Beane's trade of Tyrod is looking better all the time...

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

This is a puzzling move for Washington.

This year, Alex Smith will count over $20 million against the cap, even if he doesn't play (which he probably won't).

Case Keenum is set to count $21 million against the cap in 2019. 

And where they are in the draft, it could be very difficult to land a top QB prospect without a significant trade-up.

Unless Keenum restructures his contract (which is possible, but why would he?), the Redskins could have over $40 million of their salary cap tied up in QBs.  And they would still be at the bottom of the league in passing, without a young passer waiting in the wings.

What’s hilarious is they will have 40 million invested in basically Case Keenum. Yikes. 

Edit: looks like he is only going to count 3.5 million? Not a bad deal for what they gave up then. 

Edited by Bills2ref

22 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

What’s hilarious is they will have 40 million invested in basically Case Keenum. Yikes. 

Edit: looks like he is only going to count 3.5 million? Not a bad deal for what they gave up then. 

Cheap even for backup money. I think they are going to draft a qb, both teams.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, wppete said:

Damn. Was hoping they would be a good trade back for us from #9 to #15.

That could very well still be the case, I think. Get the vet, then the young guy. I don’t think anyone sees Keenum as being “the answer”, and who knows what to expect after the gruesome injury to A. Smith.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Denver or Elway look like clowns themselves. Snag Keenum and let Allen, Rosen and Jackson all pass by last year. At least Chubb does look like a stud for them I guess. Now grab Flacco as the savior?

Do they make up for it in this years draft at 10? I can't see Flacco being the answer.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Wonder what this does for the Rosen spec?

Also, does this remove the Redskins as a trade down partner? I was really hoping we could drop to 15.

May be Rosen to Denver?

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Didn't this guy have a top 50 music radio show?

same guy. just taller

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I'm going out on a limb to say we'll win two games next year ??:ph34r:

you mean two game guaranteed to win ? or just two games 

Edited by 3rdand12