Sleeper Alert: Kahale Warring-TE San Diego State

A guy who's kind of under the radar at the moment is Kahale Warring even after his great Combine showing.

He's 6'5, 252, former water polo and basketball player TE out of San Diego State. He just ran a 4.67 at the Combine and can go up and get it. He's still super raw but he's definitely someone we should be looking at. Even if we do sign Jesse James in FA.

EDIT: Also Kahale Warring is one of the best names I've ever heard. Still think Rock Ya-Sin has 'Best Name' status in the Draft though.

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty
  • Like (+1) 5

He’s and Moreau are the mid rd guys I’d like most.  4th rd would’ve been nice, but probably not going to get either of them there now.  I would’ve liked to take both of them with our 2 picks rd 4.  One can dream

Exact same size and speed as Croom, who flashed some nice receiving plays this year including some outstanding blocks singled up against edge rushers.

I will keep an eye on this guy Warring, but I'm predicting Croom emerges as a very good TE this year.  He can add 5-8 lbs, keep improving his run blocking and be a pro bowl player (flame away, but I had the same feeling with Croom as I did for Freddy Jax when we first got him on the field, you can see the dude belongs).   If they sign the blocking TE from New England I predict they'll go for a late round sleeper type guy like a Warring. 

I don't see them going for Irv, Fant, Hock or burning a high pick on a TE.

3 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Exact same size and speed as Croom, who flashed some nice receiving plays this year including some outstanding blocks singled up against edge rushers.

I will keep an eye on this guy Warring, but I'm predicting Croom emerges as a very good TE this year.  He can add 5-8 lbs, keep improving his run blocking and be a pro bowl player (flame away, but I had the same feeling with Croom as I did for Freddy Jax when we first got him on the field, you can see the dude belongs).   If they sign the blocking TE from New England I predict they'll go for a late round sleeper type guy like a Warring. 

I don't see them going for Irv, Fant, Hock or burning a high pick on a TE.

Won’t laugh here.  Hechas looked great on some of his grabs.  Let’s hope you are right

Why go with "super raw"  Why??  For the love of who you hold holy WHY raw?  I want someone who KNOWS what he is doing, who will come in and COMPETE right the heck away!!!  Josh doesn't need raw around him - he needs polished determined athletes who are ready to rock and roll.

Raw is for sushi.......great dish but not that filling.  Stick with polished and ready.  Think Tomahawk Ribeye!  Medium Rare!