Updated free agency cheat sheet, including team unit grades

Logic

18 minutes ago, ngbills said:

But we saved up all this cap space for this free agency...

I actually think this FA plays into Beane's philosophy pretty well. There are not many elite guys, but there are plenty of solid players who can fill holes and give you flexibility in the draft. I think we will be vastly improved this coming season. 

• Like (+1) 4

How do we feel about Jamison Crowder as a WR option? Had a down year due to injury but has been productive in previous years. Still relatively young at 26 to start next season. 

He's proven to be quick and agile with the ability to create seperation. 

16 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

How do we feel about Jamison Crowder as a WR option? Had a down year due to injury but has been productive in previous years. Still relatively young at 26 to start next season. 

He's proven to be quick and agile with the ability to create seperation. 

I want to trade Zay Jones to the Chargers for Forrest Lamp and sign Crowder to be my slot guy. Carolina liked him pre-draft as well. He was in their backyard. 

1 hour ago, Buddy Hix said:

Beane and his staff have their work cut out for them. That list of FA's leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.

I disagree that it's a below average FA market.

Jared Cook, Tyler Eifert, Jesse James, Golden Tate, Tyrell Williams, Adam Humphries, Devin Funchess, John Brown, Trent Brown, Juwan James, Daryl Williams, Matt Paradise, Mitch Morse, Roger Saffold, John Sullivan, Mike Iupati, Sheldon Richardson, Danny Shelton, Muhammad Wilkerson, Justin Houston, Trey Flowers, Ziggy Ansah, Preston Smith, Dante Fowler, Za'Darious Smith, CJ Mosley, KJ Wright, Anthony Barr, Kwon Alexander, Thomas Davis, Mo Claiborne, Rashaan Melvin, Kareem Jackson, Landon Collins, Earl Thomas, Eric Weddle, etc, etc

Any of the above players would help the Bills. Not all of them are game changers or world beaters, but there is lots of value to be had there. 

Like I said, I respectfully disagree with the notion that there's nothing worthwhile in free agency.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Jared Cook, Tyler Eifert, Jesse James, Golden Tate, Tyrell Williams, Adam Humphries, Devin Funchess, John Brown, Trent Brown, Juwan James, Daryl Williams, Matt Paradise, Mitch Morse, Roger Saffold, John Sullivan, Mike Iupati, Sheldon Richardson, Danny Shelton, Muhammad Wilkerson, Justin Houston, Trey Flowers, Ziggy Ansah, Preston Smith, Dante Fowler, Za'Darious Smith, CJ Mosley, KJ Wright, Anthony Barr, Kwon Alexander, Thomas Davis, Mo Claiborne, Rashaan Melvin, Kareem Jackson, Landon Collins, Earl Thomas, Eric Weddle, etc, etc

Any of the above players would help the Bills. Not all of them are game changers or world beaters, but there is lots of value to be had there. 

Like I said, I respectfully disagree with the notion that there's nothing worthwhile in free agency.

Absolutely. Even if all the Bills manage to sign are “average” players from free agency, average is a lot better than what they were rolling out at some positions last season. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

But we saved up all this cap space for this free agency...

I think going through what they did in 2018 and then being "judicious" in UFA is not what most fans want to hear.  I sense that many people are re-setting the goalposts and acknowledging that even with all that cap room they won't be a championship contender in 2019. 

I see Free Agency going the way it did last year. One big contract (Star) a medium sized deal (Murphy) and plenty of short term deals (McCarron, Vontae, Ivory, Bodine, Newhouse, Stanford, Rafael Bush).  They have Jordan Phillips and Spencer Long in the third category already. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

Yikes he really smoked Buffalo on those rankings. Can’t say I disagree with most of the offensive rankings though. I do think Josh Allen deserves more than a 3 at QB though. I think a 5 would have been fair. 

Yeah the writer is clearly on the Jackson & Darnold >> Allen train as both of those teams are at 5's.

8 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Absolutely. Even if all the Bills manage to sign are “average” players from free agency, average is a lot better than what they were rolling out at some positions last season. 

Amen to this.....holy crap some of the players who were rolled out were fresh off the street......average isn't bad and can be coached up some.

17 hours ago, Logic said:

It would be difficult to argue that any year's list of free agents couldn't help this Bills team, that wasn't really my point. When I look at that list I see some decent players but what stands out to me is that there aren't many intriguing players on the side of the ball we need a ton of help with.

When Golden Tate and Jared Cook are the top options at the skill positions of need, I'd argue that the list is pretty thin.

13 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I was thinking the same thing- the WR and TE FA’s are pretty mediocre.

Yeah, that's where my mind went, too.