Sign Shawn Oakman

49 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

this guy was the consensus #1 pick in th e2016 draft. Hes been out of football for 2 years but I'm sure he didn't forget how to play. Get him into game shape and sign him. This guy was falsely accused. Been a mess for this kid and deserves a chance. sign him to a min contract and bring him along wont hurt

He was not found guilty.  That does not mean he was falsely accused.  That just means the state couldn't prove he did it.  Now, if he ends up signing an NFL contract, and he gets some money in his pocket, you can bet that his accuser will file a civil lawsuit.  That means more discovery on what he was up to in college, and a high likelihood is found liable (because it is a much lower threshold than in criminal court).  

It would be a terrible idea to bring this guy in. 

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

He was not found guilty.  That does not mean he was falsely accused.  That just means the state couldn't prove he did it.  Now, if he ends up signing an NFL contract, and he gets some money in his pocket, you can bet that his accuser will file a civil lawsuit.  That means more discovery on what he was up to in college, and a high likelihood is found liable (because it is a much lower threshold than in criminal court).  

I don't know. They found his DNA in her mouth. That didn't sound likely to be sexual assault to the criminal court, nor would it in a civil court. 

Also, there were conflicting accounts of her alleged intoxication by medical experts. This was consensual, so judged by a jury after just 5 hours of deliberation. They had previously dated as well

Edited by BuffAlone

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I don't know. They found his DNA in her mouth. That didn't sound likely to be sexual assault to the criminal court, nor would it in a civil court. 

You know, I don't know all the facts of the case, so I'm not going to say its impossible.  But the DNA in her mouth doesn't mean it wasn't sexual assault.  I'd be curious to hear all the evidence.  Are there any in depth articles out there? 

14 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Also, there were conflicting accounts of her alleged intoxication by medical experts. This was consensual, so judged by a jury after just 5 hours of deliberation. They had previously dated as well

mouth.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

a jury found that the sex was consensual. Only him and her know what really happened. 10 years ago I would've said hes guilty but in this day and age who knows. People make up stuff all the time to hurt other people

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You know, I don't know all the facts of the case, so I'm not going to say its impossible.  But the DNA in her mouth doesn't mean it wasn't sexual assault.  I'd be curious to hear all the evidence.  Are there any in depth articles out there? 

Yeah. Just Google his name

12 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I did. I clicked a few articles and didn’t find any details. Thanks for the helpful advice though. 

Check the Waco Tribune-Herald article. Sorry, can't copy n paste links very well on my cellphone

• Like (+1) 1