Nick Boyle may have set the FA TE market

Oh lord that seems a bit high. Perhaps they are planning to expand his role? He does double as a fullback, but split time with Maxx Williams, Andrews, and Hirsch. I think he has some upside as a receiver, but kinda yuck. 

I'm curious what the guaranteed number is, and I think Jesse James certainly gets more. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

This is what happens in free agency.  Guys get overinflated contracts.  I think Beane may go that route for a position and/or guy they really think fits a need and will be around for a while (like the RT Williams), but overall I see him staying out of insane bidding wars and instead using money judiciously.

• Like (+1) 1

Are you kidding me?  Six million a year for a guy who has been in the league for 4 years, has averaged (if you remove his injury-riddled 2nd year) about 17 catches for 200 yards and no TDs a year?

1st of all, it’s not any of our money. No one is asking for contributions from fans aside from ticket sales. 

2nd, it’s FA time. The guy is coming up to his 2nd contract. He’s decent, so of course he’s going to get a raise.

Finally, every year in recent memory, the NFL Salary Cap increases, this year is no exception. 

Its a fair rate and the guy can play. Give him a break!

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Just draft one in the first 2 rounds 

YOU'RE INSANE!

...ahhh, I'm sorry, Brian.  I didn't mean that.

To date I literally have no solid proof that there is anything mentally wrong with you.  I just disagree with that move.

Sorry for overstepping my bounds.  It's the late Teens and it just seems to be the decade for it.

• Haha (+1) 2