Potential second round WR target

Parris Campbell SR Ohio State

He is a burner , can absolutely fly... is dangerous with the ball in his hands and has great character... tremendously improved his hands over the last year

spoke really well at the combine about coming in , working hard, doing whatever the coaches asked and being a leader

seems the Bills might have interest too

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/what-they-re-saying-6-observations-on-the-bills-from-the-nfl-combine

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The second round is one of the sweet spots in this class for getting a solid WR.  I'd rather take whatever top talent falls to us at 9 and grab a WR in the second.  A second round receiver and a fourth round receiver or a trade back up into the third would be the ideal spots to take a receiver in this class IMO. 

• Like (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

The second round is one of the sweet spots in this class for getting a solid WR.  I'd rather take whatever top talent falls to us at 9 and grab a WR in the second.  A second round receiver and a fourth round receiver or a trade back up into the third would be the ideal spots to take a receiver in this class IMO. 

I believe the receivers will go sooner then most people think , IMO there may be as many as 3/4 that will go in the 1st round 

Edited by Putin

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

Doesn't he have suspect hands?

He did at one time, but greatly developed in that area this year (partly due to new WR coach and partly Haskins). His hands have scared me but he looked exceptional catching the ball at the combine. He was a RB in HS who converted to WR but played a lot of Hback. He’s a great story. Went to Lebron’s HS in Akron. Enrolled at OSU at age 16 and played 5 years. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't see Campbell making it to round 2.

Guys that have his speed and football character typically go in round 1.

That said, he'd be a great fit for Buffalo and the organization 

I fear the Pats take him at the end of the 1st

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He did at one time, but greatly developed in that area this year (partly due to new WR coach and partly Haskins). His hands have scared me but he looked exceptional catching the ball at the combine. He was a RB in HS who converted to WR but played a lot of Hback. He’s a great story. Went to Lebron’s HS in Akron. Enrolled at OSU at age 16 and played 5 years. 

Watch Baltimore's pick at 22...Decosta is probably going to move down from that spot, and I could easily see NE jumping up to get Campbell.  If not, Philly would make a ton of sense since they have nothing behind Jeffery (assuming Agholor is let go).

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I get the impression from previous drafts, and what they say, that their game plan is to just see what falls to them in each round.  Trade back if there are multiple prospects available that are high on their draft board, or trade up if they feel like they might lose out on a high prospect.

So I think you are absolutely correct in saying "take whatever top talent falls to us at 9", but if they see the top talent at 9 being a WR I don't think they would hesitate to grab that WR.  Same can be said for any position group.

BPA...BPA....BPA....

I'm hoping for Edge, DT or OT in the first and Hakeem Butler in the second. I think when its all said and done hes the best Wr to come out of this draft.

Edited by Wsam4031

I want Isabella...all this dude does is get open and blow by people...reminds me of a much faster version of Wes Welker...literally was uncoverable in college and torched even good teams like Georgia wherr he had 15 grabs for 219 yards and 2 TDs...

This dude in the slot versus most teams Nickel Back?? Its over...

Edited by matter2003

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Pats will probably trade that pick for more picks.

I also like Campbell, but I think he's gong in the 1st.  Some 2nd rounders:

Harmon--NC State; Whiteside--Stanford; Isabella; Ridley.  

This WR class is deep.   In a later round you could also get: J. Hurd; Renfrow;  

Im not sold on Campbell, I'd be okay if he went off the board before we drafted I like guys with more football traits such as elusiveness, running through tackles, catches in traffic and attacking the football. When you watch Campbell you can see the speed but his highlights are lackluster to me 

I have joined the hype train for Deebo Samuel in round 2.

Built like a RB at 5' 11"-215LBS, he routinely runs through attempted tackles by DBs.

He posses some enormous hands at 10", that's the same size as Odell Beckhams hands and larger than Julio Jones hands (9 3/4")

Speaking of Odell, lets compare the two's combine results.

Odell ran a 4.43.   Odell put up 7 reps of 225 .     Odell had a 38.5" vert       Odell had a 122" broad jump

Deeb ran a 4.48.   Deeb put up 15 reps of 225.   Deeb had a 39" vert .        deeb had a 122" broad Jump

Odell ran a faster 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle but he did it all 17lbs lighter at 198lbs to Deebos 215.

Now take a look at his highlights and see the similarities to ODB taking slants for TDs, attacking the ball, one hand snags.

Also, I think its got a good chance of happening with the Carolina connection and this staffs affliction for senior football players who are practice warriors 

Love him.  He was probably the most impressive WR that I watched this season.  No way he’s there in the 2nd.  Really wouldn’t mind trading down twice and taking him with our first pick.

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Watch Baltimore's pick at 22...Decosta is probably going to move down from that spot, and I could easily see NE jumping up to get Campbell.  If not, Philly would make a ton of sense since they have nothing behind Jeffery (assuming Agholor is let go).

Almost like you listen to the move the sticks podcast...

Between Samuel, Ridley, Butler, Harmon, Brown, Campbell, Harry not in that particular order, any of those guys in the 2nd round would be great and a big upgrade. Pick up Humphries in fa and pair any of those guys with Foster on the outside and the Bills are suddenly looking pretty good at wr. 

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1