2019 NFL Draft Running Back Prospect Primer

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d be ok with wilkins.  I think he’s a sure fire very good player that can rush the passer and defend the run.  

Burns is polarizing.  Is he a DE or a Strong side rush backer for us?  He could be the best pass rusher in the draft when it’s said and done.  Best fit is 3-4 OLB imo.

Rashan Gary.-  I’ll be in the hospital seconds after I hear his name announced as a Buffalo Bill.

Devin White-  if he’s there, he’s probably BPA.  While I love the TE and MM linebacker tandem and I don’t think he have much use for 3 stud LBs as we play so much nickel.  He’d be an instant upgrade at MLB over edmunds and Edmunds would be an upgrade over Lorax.  Move Lorax to DE for his pass rushing.   It makes sense.

polite-  see Gary. Not a 1st rd pick imo.

Jawaan Taylor-  sign me up.  I’m not sold on any of our tackles long term.  Josh Allen needs protection.  

Andre Dilliard-  if Taylor is gone and he’s our pick, I understand it.  Would obviously rather trade down and get him, but I think he’s going to be very good.

Tj Hockenson- see Dilliard.  Won’t not be the BPA but I think he’s going to be VERY good and perfect fit for our team.  

Metcalf-  meh.  Could be special.  Could be broken neck.  No thanks.

Ferrell-  solid player.  Would prefer him in a trade down and wouldn’t be excited about him at 9.

Jonah Williams-  no thanks. He’s a guard imo.  

Devin Bush-  nice player but he’s not Devin White imo.  wouldn’t be happy with him at 9.  

Josh Jacobs.  One of my favorite College RBs in recent memory.  Love him.  Don’t want to draft him with our first pick.  Would rather draft Henderson, Montgomery, sanders, traveon Williams, Devin singletary, Damien Harris, justice Hill, Devine ozigbo, Rodney Anderson, Mike Weber, Bennie snell and Bryce love in rds 3-6.  Which was my overall point.  

I like Wilkins a lot and he seems like a really good kid. Fits McDermotts style. 

Burns looks like he could be a stud. As you said, he could be the best pass rusher when all is said and done. 

Personally i I think Polite looks really good. Similar to Burns really. Super fast step. Tall and lengthy speed rusher. Both have the size to play 4/3DE. Both can play either right or left side. 

Hockenson on is a no brainer

any of the stud Ts are no brainers

at 9 there’s going to be a really good player. A sure fire stud. If you just pick the right guy. If all the DL are gone, the tackles should be there. Hell, even one of the QBs could be there and you could get a killing in a trade back. I’d be fine with a trade back to the mid 20s. Go after Wilkins. Trade back into the 1st and get Burns. Use your 2nd round pick for Jacobs if he’s there like I’ve seen in some mocks. 

Possibilities are endless really. Let’s hope they know what they are doing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gaskins will go much lower than Sanders. His film is no bueno and he has tons of wear on the tires 

...what style of RB are you hoping for Yolo?......a Barkley/Zeke type or perhaps a McCaffery, or something other?.....what would be the best fit?.......

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what style of RB are you hoping for Yolo?......a Barkley/Zeke type or perhaps a McCaffery, or something other?.....what would be the best fit?.......

One of each (may not be accomplished this year but mccoy can and should be used like mccaffrey)

• Like (+1) 2