2019 NFL Draft Running Back Prospect Primer

51 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah, that would probably be my response too if I was hugely proven wrong. I wouldn’t have any kind of comeback at all. Either reply the way you did, or just crawl back into your dark hole and call it a day. And we all know your not doing that. 

Regardless what you state the “entire NFL views DLmen more valuable than RBs”. The facts still prove you.... and the NFL incorrect that there’s a better percentage of RBs drafted early that become not only good, but dominant than there are DLmen that do. It’s not even close. 

So back to my point all along. If your not picking very early, the very few DLmen that are serious game changers will already be gone. At that point do you take your chance in drafting a DLmen that will only be a body, or do you draft a RB that might change the offensive identity of your team and set the league on fire for years to come? Because at 9 we aren’t getting Bosa, Allen, Williams, and most likely Oliver. 

I had Quintuple bypass 2 weeks ago today.  The last thing I want to do right now is argue about something that You know I’m right.  There’s a reason DL is the 2nd highest paid position in football and RB is near the bottom.  DL is valued at a MUCH higher clip.  It’s not even close.  

That being said.  Ok, you’re right Mrags.  Move on. Thanks 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I had Quintuple bypass 2 weeks ago today.  The last thing I want to do right now is argue about something that You know I’m right.  There’s a reason DL is the 2nd highest paid position in football and RB is near the bottom.  DL is valued at a MUCH higher clip.  It’s not even close.  

That being said.  Ok, you’re right Mrags.  Move on. Thanks 

Well, I’m dealing with a massive bunion and a bad case of gout right now. 

Fwiw, I hope your doing ok. But you probably shouldn’t be on here arguing with people that are right all the time 

Edited by mrags

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well, I’m dealing with a massive bunion and a bad case of gout right now. 

Gout pain is worse than the Quintuple bypass pain!  No doubt.  The worst part about the bypass is the mental hurdles and not being able to eat wings 24/7

edit:  AND not being able to sleep on my side or stomach.  Really sucks having to sleep on my back every night 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Well. That was my question from the start. I don’t follow college at all so I have no idea how good these guys really are. I’ve heard names and seen some highlights. But highlights are just that.... highlights. They aren’t showing the bad plays. They aren’t showing the things these players don’t do well. 

There will be at least one stud coming out of the bunch. The question is, which one will it be. When will they be drafted. As I stated above, the % of good RBs drafted in the first to 2nd round is actually pretty high. I’d just like to see if one is worth taking at 9. Or a trade down and taking later in the first. Who knows, maybe take the best DL at 9 and trade back into the 1st to get the RB you want in the 20s somewhere. 

I dont think we are fine at DL. We def need help there. But at 9, there’s a serious possibility that the good ones will be gone. Bosa, Allen, Oliver, Williams, Gary, Wilkins. They are all good. Will any of them be there. At that point is it better to trade back. Take the best RB in the draft and then go back to DL in later rounds? 

Again, I don’t follow college. I really have no idea how good all these guys are. I’m simply watching videos and trying to compare. I’m trying to gauge what our needs are. I’m trying to decipher which one of these guys might be a true game changer and which ones might only be rotational guys. 

I watch a lot (too much) CFB and if I had to bet on which RB out of all of them this year would be the best as a rookie (it’s hard to predict entire careers) i would choose Miles Sanders 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I watch a lot (too much) CFB and if I had to bet on which RB out of all of them this year would be the best as a rookie (it’s hard to predict entire careers) i would choose Miles Sanders 

Thats my guy! If we could snag him in the 3rd, I'd be ecstatic 

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Gout pain is worse than the Quintuple bypass pain!  No doubt.  The worst part about the bypass is the mental hurdles and not being able to eat wings 24/7

edit:  AND not being able to sleep on my side or stomach.  Really sucks having to sleep on my back every night 

Never had a bypass but gout was crippling my life until I started taking Allopurinol every day.

To merge the subject, never draft a RB with the gout.

Beane drafts a RB in the 4th or 5th.

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

With all arguments aside. What do you want to do if all those early DLmen are gone at 9? 

Like I said. There’s a huge chance that Williams, Bosa, Sweat, Oliver, Allen are gone. It’s not worth it to reach at 9 for a guy that can be had later in the 1st or 2nd round. 

What about Wilkins, Burns, Polite in the late first or early 2nd? If that’s the case, are you still dead set against taking a game changing RB at 9 or later in the first and then still getting Burns or Polite or Wilkins by trading back into the first? 

This is is a message board full of opinions. Let’s hear them. 

You cannot deny  that our RBs are not only old, but are coming off a their incredibly declining numbers, year after year. McCoy is on the final year of his contract. and Gore is.....well, like 68 years old. 

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Never had a bypass but gout was crippling my life until I started taking Allopurinol every day.

To merge the subject, never draft a RB with the gout.

Beane drafts a RB in the 4th or 5th.

What about turf toe? Or plantar fasciitis?

23 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Thats my guy! If we could snag him in the 3rd, I'd be ecstatic 

I like the kid. Feel similar about him as I do about Gaskins. Seems smaller to me than I’d prefer in a. Every down back. But that might be just what I see in the videos. 

Edited by mrags

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

With all arguments aside. What do you want to do if all those early DLmen are gone at 9? 

Like I said. There’s a huge chance that Williams, Bosa, Sweat, Oliver, Allen are gone. It’s not worth it to reach at 9 for a guy that can be had later in the 1st or 2nd round. 

What about Wilkins, Burns, Polite in the late first or early 2nd? If that’s the case, are you still dead set against taking a game changing RB at 9 or later in the first and then still getting Burns or Polite or Wilkins by trading back into the first? 

You cannot sent that our RBs are not only old, but are coming off a their incredibly declining numbers, year after year. McCoy is on the final year of his contract. and Gore is.....well, like 68 years old. 

I like the kid. Feel similar about him as I do about Gaskins. Seems smaller to me than I’d prefer in a. Every down back. But that might be just what I see in the videos. 

5'11 215lbs. Great lower body power. The kid could very easily be a 3 down back IMO

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

You cannot deny  that our RBs are not only old, but are coming off a their incredibly declining numbers, year after year. McCoy is on the final year of his contract. and Gore is.....well, like 68 years old. 

Gaskins will go much lower than Sanders. His film is no bueno and he has tons of wear on the tires 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

5'11 215lbs. Great lower body power. The kid could very easily be a 3 down back IMO

If 5’11” and 215lbs is actually correct and not false info. We all know teams and players personal sites list false info. I’m just going by what I see when I watch him. He just seems small to me. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

If 5’11” and 215lbs is actually correct and not false info. We all know teams and players personal sites list false info. I’m just going by what I see when I watch him. He just seems small to me. 

5'10 5/8 and 211lbs at combine. Ran a 4.5 40. Has perfect size IMO. Low mileage. Can catch. Good looking prospect. My favorite RB in the draft, but I might be biased as I often work on campus and live nearby. Great kid tho

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

5'10 5/8 and 211lbs at combine. Ran a 4.5 40. Has perfect size IMO. Low mileage. Can catch. Good looking prospect. My favorite RB in the draft, but I might be biased as I often work on campus and live nearby. Great kid tho

I’d prefer a bigger back moving forward myself. They can’t all be Henry or Fournette. But I’d like a bigger more physical back that can still do it all. I haven’t seen enough of Sanders to determine that. But that size is inflated probably. Even at the combine. These guys bulk up or slim down to fit a certain profile. Like how Maybin added weight for the combine and was still at 244. We all knew he was seriously undersized at the time. Hell, bull up by drinking a gallon of water before your weigh in and add about 8 and a half pounds. Piss it all out before you start running. 

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’d prefer a bigger back moving forward myself. They can’t all be Henry or Fournette. But I’d like a bigger more physical back that can still do it all. I haven’t seen enough of Sanders to determine that. But that size is inflated probably. Even at the combine. These guys bulk up or slim down to fit a certain profile. Like how Maybin added weight for the combine and was still at 244. We all knew he was seriously undersized at the time. Hell, bull up by drinking a gallon of water before your weigh in and add about 8 and a half pounds. Piss it all out before you start running. 

I hear ya on the weight, but he's very thickly built waist down. The height can't be disputed. Give him a couple years in a weight room and dietary regime, and age itself, and he's gonna pretty well maintain that if not add a few lbs

29 minutes ago, mrags said:

You cannot sent that our RBs are not only old, but are coming off a their incredibly declining numbers, year after year. McCoy is on the final year of his contract. and Gore is.....well, like 68 years old. 

I’d be ok with wilkins.  I think he’s a sure fire very good player that can rush the passer and defend the run.  

Burns is polarizing.  Is he a DE or a Strong side rush backer for us?  He could be the best pass rusher in the draft when it’s said and done.  Best fit is 3-4 OLB imo.

Rashan Gary.-  I’ll be in the hospital seconds after I hear his name announced as a Buffalo Bill.

Devin White-  if he’s there, he’s probably BPA.  While I love the TE and MM linebacker tandem and I don’t think he have much use for 3 stud LBs as we play so much nickel.  He’d be an instant upgrade at MLB over edmunds and Edmunds would be an upgrade over Lorax.  Move Lorax to DE for his pass rushing.   It makes sense.

polite-  see Gary. Not a 1st rd pick imo.

Jawaan Taylor-  sign me up.  I’m not sold on any of our tackles long term.  Josh Allen needs protection.  

Andre Dilliard-  if Taylor is gone and he’s our pick, I understand it.  Would obviously rather trade down and get him, but I think he’s going to be very good.

Tj Hockenson- see Dilliard.  Won’t not be the BPA but I think he’s going to be VERY good and perfect fit for our team.  

Metcalf-  meh.  Could be special.  Could be broken neck.  No thanks.

Ferrell-  solid player.  Would prefer him in a trade down and wouldn’t be excited about him at 9.

Jonah Williams-  no thanks. He’s a guard imo.  

Devin Bush-  nice player but he’s not Devin White imo.  wouldn’t be happy with him at 9.  

Josh Jacobs.  One of my favorite College RBs in recent memory.  Love him.  Don’t want to draft him with our first pick.  Would rather draft Henderson, Montgomery, sanders, traveon Williams, Devin singletary, Damien Harris, justice Hill, Devine ozigbo, Rodney Anderson, Mike Weber, Bennie snell and Bryce love in rds 3-6.  Which was my overall point.  

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

He played at 215

45 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I hear ya on the weight, but he's very thickly built waist down. The height can't be disputed. Give him a couple years in a weight room and dietary regime, and age itself, and he's gonna pretty well maintain that if not add a few lbs

Can’t deny this. But it’s hopes and dreams just like everything else. I’d rather get a bigger more physical runner from the beginning. 

Edited by mrags