Report: Browns looking to deal Guard Kevin Zeitler

DJB

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

But why, I thought the Browns had a decent amount of cap space? 

New regime drafted Austin Corbett in 2nd rd last year. He can replace him. Originally they were playing him at LT but they signed Greg Robinson so that’s Corbett’s job now. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

New regime drafted Austin Corbett in 2nd rd last year. He can replace him. Originally they were playing him at LT but they signed Greg Robinson so that’s Corbett’s job now. 

This seems like the reasoning. And yes, for s guy who could play tackle or guard, that screams Bills. I’d see what they want. He’s 28. Sign him, sign a center, trade down, draft a tackle. New offensive line done. 

18 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Would love to get Zeitler. 

Million dollar question though, what's the cost? A 5th? I'd be in. Our second 4th? Sure. Anything earlier might be tough given the options available in FA. 

I'd give our 3rd and not look back.  What OL or any position for that matter can we get in the third that will be proven top 10 at their position in the NFL.  Kinda scratchn my head as to why they want to trade him.  I wonder who they are trying to get ammo to move up for or what kind of tampering they have done to know who they can sign.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That’s a lot of money for a Guard.  3 years $32m left on his deal.  And have to give up a draft pick?  He better be All Pro level for that.  

I think he is All Pro level, or at least near it. And the contract is likely equivalent to what someone like Saffold will get. 

• Like (+1) 1