Kevin Johnson visiting (visiting Browns next)

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Not really relevant was my take on Kevin Johnson

I was combining the posts sorry. You said ACC mediocre and then pointed to an article from this year.

I was trying to say that article was not relevant to your point that you think he played in a mediocre conference. He played his senior year in 2014 when FSU was coming off its title and Clemson was ascending. I think that it was likely the second best conference at that time. Certainly more than mediocre. 

Also hus junior year he lead the ACC in pass deflections. I couldn’t find targets anywhere but I wouldn’t be surprised if people stopped targeting him, assuming the other wake DBs we’re not good. 

Edited by YattaOkasan

55 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I was combining the posts sorry. You said ACC mediocre and then pointed to an article from this year.

I was trying to say that article was not relevant to your point that you think he played in a mediocre conference. He played his senior year in 2014 when FSU was coming off its title and Clemson was ascending. I think that it was likely the second best conference at that time. Certainly more than mediocre. 

Also hus junior year he lead the ACC in pass deflections. I couldn’t find targets anywhere but I wouldn’t be surprised if people stopped targeting him, assuming the other wake DBs we’re not good. 

Yeah my point was I can’t see how he was picked so high. 2 picks ahead of Marcus Peters? A round ahead of Ronald Darby.  Just don’t see it. Doesn’t add up. 

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah my point was I can’t see how he was picked so high. 2 picks ahead of Marcus Peters? A round ahead of Ronald Darby.  Just don’t see it. Doesn’t add up. 

Easy to say after the fact 

22 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The pick must have looked like a crazy reach on draft day. Like Maybin- remember all the ? on that one? 

Peters had off the field stuff and Darby was kind of under the radar with off the field stuff as well. Both have been traded already. Johnson went a few picks higher than projected, but he was thought of as a mid to late first round pick. The Maybin thing wasn't that it was a massive reach, the Bills just looked dumb becuase Orakpo was clearly better. 

• Like (+1) 1