Colts in strong pursuit of WR Tyrell Williams, probable favorites to sign him

Logic

On 3/6/2019 at 6:02 PM, TigerJ said:

Williams was never going to come cheap, and the Colts are definitely in an advantageous position to land him.  I would have loved getting him but never counted on it happening.  I think Buffalo has far better odds of landing Darryl Williams.  He may not have the potential star power of Tyrell Williams, but he fills a (different) hole with a quality player and gives us an upgrade in an area where the draft is lacking in elite prospects.  As Tyrell would have done, Darryl gives the Bills their requisite Williams with the retirement of Kyle.

I'd rather have Trent Brown than Daryl Williams

On 3/9/2019 at 12:37 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree, I know I'm in the minority about wanting TW for Josh but if the Colts do get him he'll have a great career there. Hope we're still trying?

If we are in the minority so be it. Williams by all accounts sounds like the kind of guy that McDermott is looking for. Somebody is going to get paid and to me it may as well be him. 

32 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Tyrell Williams remains, far and set away the best outside WR available on the FA market, and, to many evaluators, the only true starter at that spot. IND, CLE, NYJ, BUF among those linked to him. OAK was very much before landing AB.

The ship has sailed on that one for me.

Not a real #1 and he will get real #1 dollars.

Ceiling of signing him is Quinn Early IMO.....good not great deep threat....but the floor is very low.

Really would have liked to get him in here via trade the past couple years and try him out.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/9/2019 at 10:23 PM, iinii said:

If we are in the minority so be it. Williams by all accounts sounds like the kind of guy that McDermott is looking for. Somebody is going to get paid and to me it may as well be him. 

Colts have substantially more cap $ than us. Not to mention a veteran polished qb. This will be a tough sign. I just don't want to settle for Tate now that Humphries is gone. 

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Colts have substantially more cap $ than us. Not to mention a veteran polished qb. This will be a tough sign. I just don't want to settle for Tate now that Humphries is gone. 

Opinions abound on Tate eh? I think he'd be great for Allen and can get open when a play switches to improvisation.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'm not comfortable paying Tyrell Williams $12 million a year. As much as I'd hate giving up a first rounder. I'd rather give up a first rounder for AJ or Julio than do that. Even if they are 30 years old

Edited by Buffalo03

7 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm not comfortable paying Tyrell Williams $12 million a year. As much as I'd hate giving up a first rounder. I'd rather give up a first rounder for AJ or Julio than do that. Even if they are 30 years old

Julio would be the game changer.

Best WR in the NFL IMO........best matchup possible for Allen...........all process..........you can put damn near anyone in the slot with Julio out wide and they are going to be open..........and the Alabama GOAT WR to show the way for the Alabama surprise WR in Foster.

Julio = synergy

Julio is the sun......and we win the east(at some point anyway)  :flirt:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

With Funchess signing for 13 million, albeit for one year, I don’t think you get Tyrell under 13. I would think 13 is the floor and that would be on a longer contract and with a decent guarantee. 

3 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

With Funchess signing for 13 million, albeit for one year, I don’t think you get Tyrell under 13. I would think 13 is the floor and that would be on a longer contract and with a decent guarantee. 

Tyrell is not worth that.  This is a really weak WR class. The WR I really wanted was Adam Humhpries

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Tyrell is not worth that.  This is a really weak WR class. The WR I really wanted was Adam Humhpries

Hes not worth 12 mil a year either.  Williams will get the largest contract of any free agent.  Most likely 15 mil a year.  Is he 3 mil a year better than humpries? With Allen maybe.  

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

The FA WR class is very weak.  The Bills are desperate for a veteran WR.  I am guessing Beane works a deal for a good one.  There is good depth in the draft though for both WR and TE

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Oakland is out with Brown. 

The Jets are making it rain on anybody with a pulse today.  

Indy just sugar daddied Funchess. 

Sooo.... Buffalo or Cleveland?

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder if he’s deciding between money & role.

If he’s looking at the Jets, Browns & the Bills, Buffalo might be the only spot where he’d be the clear #1, which is what he views himself as. In Cleveland he’d be behind Landry, and with the Jets you could argue he’d be behind Robby Anderson. 

Maybe Buffalo is offering less than the other teams, but something more short term with promise of a bigger role on the team?

Just a thought. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

The FA WR class is very weak.  The Bills are desperate for a veteran WR.  I am guessing Beane works a deal for a good one.  There is good depth in the draft though for both WR and TE

I wouldn't mind John Brown for around 6 mil and then draft one in the first few rounds.