Bills to Pursue RT Williams

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not really.

He was god awful against the Patriots in week 16 and the best defensive player on the field in week 17.

He was inconsistent all year.

I think the only way they move him to another position is if they sign a veteran MLB with the same athletic ability. I dont see the Bills drafting a LB and putting him in the middle to go though the learning curve again. 

This thread is way off the track for some reason.

Back to Williams, how big of a risk is his health? Will he come all the back to 2017 form? Offering a lot of guaranteed without knowing seems pretty risky to me. 

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/17/panthers-2019-offseason-daryl-williams-matt-kalil-taylor-moton/

This is an article on the Panthers site about that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

This thread is way off the track for some reason.

Back to Williams, how big of a risk is his health? Will he come all the back to 2017 form? Offering a lot of guaranteed without knowing seems pretty risky to me. 

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/17/panthers-2019-offseason-daryl-williams-matt-kalil-taylor-moton/

This is an article on the Panthers site about that.

hey...when scottlaw talks, we all listen.  you want to learn something?  lean closer to scotty.

19 hours ago, ngbills said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/sports/g66l-2019/02/8b9940f9cc2122/2019-nfl-draft-trade-helps-buffalo-bills-land-impact-players-in-7round-mock.html

Update Depth on Offense: Looks to be a huge upgrade across the board.

QB: Allen, Barkley, Anderson

RB: McCoy, Love, Yelden

FB: Dimarco

WR: Tyrell Williams, Zay Jones. R Foster, D Sills

TE: T.J. Hockenson, Jess James, Croom

OL: Matt Paradis, Daryl Williams, Dawkins, Chris Lindstrom, Kaleb McGary, Long, Miller/Groy/Teller/Mills/Brandon Fanaika

Updated Depth Chart of Defense: Depth across the board.

DT: H Phillips, Jeffery Simmons, Lotulelei, J Phillips

DE: Murphy, Hughes, Anthony Nelson, Lawson, Yarbrough

LB: Milano, Edmunds, Alexander,  T Davis, Sione Takitaki, Lacey

DB: Hyde, Poyer, White, EJ Gaines, Wallace, Johnson, Bush, Blace Brown, /Andrew Wingard

This looks to be a much improved team. Still think we could use an additional WR. But the OL looks much improved and TE position solidified. Love could be a steal at RB. 

I would consider this an excellent off season. The primary objective is to drastically upgrade the online. Adding Tyrell Williams and drafting Hockenson would definitely give JA more choices. As others have accurately mentioned in different threads, Josh doesn't necessarily need a #1 wr. Just a clean pocket and good reliable 2/3 type guys.

I think it is imperative that we address the oline. We'll be fighting with a bunch of other teams trying to shore up their oline but if we want to help Josh Allen we NEED to improve our line.

We not only need 2 more starting lineman we also need to build up the depth chart with decent backups. Spencer Long was a step in the right direction. Russell Bodine is a quality backup. Wyatt Teller is currently a major work in progress. 

Last year was an embarrassment. Our WR's weren't very good but our inability to protect the QB long enough was a major factor in their poor play. We have the cap space to fix the oline.  

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

I’m expecting he’ll get a deal that is heavily incentivized by games played. Seeing what they did with Spencer Long’s contract is edpect something similar 

That would be the ideal, but I think some needy team will probably take the plunge and offer significant guaranteed money.

12 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

That would be the ideal, but I think some needy team will probably take the plunge and offer significant guaranteed money.

We are that needy team. We should be willing to take some risk with this cap space. A 26 year old previous 2nd team all pro coming off a major injury is a risk I think this team can afford to take. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Iamkrgr said:

We are that needy team. We should be willing to take some risk with this cap space. A 26 year old previous 2nd team all pro coming off a major injury is a risk I think this team can afford to take. 

I don't disagree. Was merely suggesting an incentive laden deal probably wouldn't get it done. James from the Dolphins is another guy I hope they are looking at.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't mind signing Williams, the team needs an RT and I think he would come at a reasonable cost. Ideally I would sign Williams, trade for Zeitler, and sign one of the better WR's available in free agency. Zeitler would cost about 12 million, Williams I imagine around 10, and a top tier WR about 12. All together that's 34 million on the cap, a number the team can easily afford, esp when you consider that there is probably another 5-10 million of fat on the roster that can be trimmed (Vlad, Ivory, and DiMarco all of whom I consider expendable would save 5 million, Murphy and Bodine could also save another 5 if you found their replacements in free agency.)

So entering in with just under 80 million with another 5-10 available if needed I think the team could spend 34 million on those trades and free agency targets to upgrade 2 spots on the O-line and add a WR. Heck I think they could do that and add a tight end and an edge rusher if they wanted and still roll over 30 million or about that.