Dee Ford, Jadeveon Clowney or DeMarcus Lawrence, who would you trade for?

All 3 have been tagged and all 3 seem to be available for trade for lesser value than what the tag requires. 2 questions here, first should the Bills’ be players for any one of them and secondly if so which one? I would think Clowney if the price is right but I truly don’t have a good take on any of them.

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I wonder if Clowney is the "will add an edge pass rusher" that was mentioned in the other thread?  Houston GM Gaines and Beane do have a history together.

I’d bet anything that’s a no

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

All 3 have been tagged and all 3 seem to be available for trade for lesser value than what the tag requires. 2 questions here, first should the Bills’ be players for any one of them and secondly if so which one? I would think Clowney if the price is right but I truly don’t have a good take on any of them.

Clowney for our 1st round picks in '23 and '30.

6 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I wonder if Clowney is the "will add an edge pass rusher" that was mentioned in the other thread?  Houston GM Gaines and Beane do have a history together.

I didn’t even think about that connection, nice observation! Clowney and Lawrence don’t want to sign their tenders and rumor has that the Chiefs would be willing to trade Ford for a 2nd rder. 

Lawrence, but only to answer your question, because bring here any of those players would be to expensive in draft capital, cap money and specially in locker room chemistry (imo)

Edited by poblano

I wouldn't be upset if one of those 3 wound up on the Bills roster in terms of the player.  I would be fine with the contract they would get too, I mean we have the cap room.  

However, I don't want to give up the draft assets to get them.  This draft is deep in players we need at other positions like WR, TE, OL and picks in rounds 1 through 4 are pretty valuable this year to us.  Despite a lot of peoples desire for a new pass rusher, its not really our biggest need and I think there are other ways to address it in FA and draft.  Now if we can trade a draft pick in NEXT years draft, sure I can get more on board with it as long as it did NOT include our first.    

Here is an idea:  We could try and trade Zay Jones and our 4th/5th round pick next year for one of those guys.  Cowboys losing Cole and Williams, so they might bite on that.  Houston could use another WR with Thomas gone and Fuller always hurt too.  Chiefs wont have any interest in that trade though.  Then we can flip one of our 4th round picks this year to the Bengals for Ross and still draft a WR in first 2 rounds.  

We end up with the pass rusher we trade for.  And a WR room that would include Rookie from R1/R2, Foster, Duke, Ross, and Mckenzie which would be pretty exciting on its own, but could still add one or two in FA too. 

But all that being said, I cant see Beane trading for any of those guys.  Beane really covets draft picks, so I seriously doubt he will make any major trades involving high draft picks.  Which is why I think someone like Ross or maybe even Duke Johnson are guys that are more realistic trade options.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I didn’t even think about that connection, nice observation! Clowney and Lawrence don’t want to sign their tenders and rumor has that the Chiefs would be willing to trade Ford for a 2nd rder. 

Clowney won't sign because he's constantly injured. How a fanbase and potentially a regime could trade and pay a ridiculous  amount for him, B word about Mario and Sammy is beyond me.

It actually sums up a lot of you quite well.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

I would agree with others it’s Lawrence and it’s not even close. He walks in the door and is immediately the best player on the whole team. 

Pipedream to get him. Cowboys have some really serious cap issues, with Lawrence,Dak,Amari, and Zeke all needing new contracts, on top of some others coming up soon. Unfortunately the cap issue won’t kill them this year. I think they can resign Lawrence to a monster contract. Gonna hurt them later though