Jordan Phillips is trying to recruit players.

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

On the Bills’ app Phillips is being interviewed by John Murphy and Tasker under the title “We’re trying to build something great here”. At the 7:10 mark he states that he’s trying to recruit players to come to Buffal but refused to reveal who when asked. Later in the interview, at the 9:10 mark, he says that he has played in the shadows of some great players and mentions Ndamukong Suh in particular. Seeing that Suh is a FA I’m wondering if Phillips has tried to persuade him to come to Buffalo. Also with the expected release of a couple of other ex teammates , Dolphins’ DEs Robert Quinn and Andre Branch,  it wouldn’t surprise me too much if any or a combination of 2 of these 3 show up in Buffalo. 

Suh doesn’t seem like much of a “process” guy

23 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He can recruit all he wants but it doesn’t really mean much at all.  It’s a nice ra ra story for fan boys but it’s always about money.  

Well the good news is that we have plenty of money to spend so that is not going to be a factor.

9 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I remember seeing a while back that he and De'Vante Parker were pretty tight. Good chanck Parker is done. Wouldn't be my first choice but he's a guy that, like Phillips wants to stick it to Miami and does not like Gase.

I would love for us to get DeVante Parker, that would be great news! I’ve been advocating for him for the longest time. I posted about D’Neal Harry a couple of days ago because he kind of reminds me of a cross between a bigger Anquan Bolden and a DeVante Parker. Obviously McBeane thought enough of Bolden to sign him at one point, maybe DeVante could be in play for us. Lord knows we need a big time WR and Parker could potentially fill that bill!

5 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

On the Bills’ app Phillips is being interviewed by John Murphy and Tasker under the title “We’re trying to build something great here”. At the 7:10 mark he states that he’s trying to recruit players to come to Buffal but refused to reveal who when asked. Later in the interview, at the 9:10 mark, he says that he has played in the shadows of some great players and mentions Ndamukong Suh in particular. Seeing that Suh is a FA I’m wondering if Phillips has tried to persuade him to come to Buffalo. Also with the expected release of a couple of other ex teammates , Dolphins’ DEs Robert Quinn and Andre Branch,  it wouldn’t surprise me too much if any or a combination of 2 of these 3 show up in Buffalo. 

I dont believe he's trying to recruit Suh to come in and start over him.  I'll take Quinn though. 

51 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I dont believe he's trying to recruit Suh to come in and start over him.  I'll take Quinn though. 

Neither one would be a full time starter but it would make one heck of a rotation though, especially if we draft Oliver with the #9 pick.

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm guessing and hoping he is recruiting Daryl Williams. They were teammates at Oklahoma. 

That would be great! But, whoever it is, it is a good thing. Love players with passion and Jordan is such a player.

7 hours ago, Augie said:

While I agree with that, I also think it’s good to hear some nice news about the area and team environment. It’s not South Beach or LA, but it’s not Green Bay and the team has a good vibe going on. I think that could matter to some FA’s. Not the lead factor, but A factor.  It’s not 5 below with 3 feet of snow every day! A little reality is nice for a guy from LSU who’s never spent any time up north. 

KYLE for Bills Ambassador! 

His exact words when asked why he likes Buffalo was: "There is nothing to do here so you have to focus on football".  That is quite an endorsement. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Quinn and Daryl Williams would be good by me. Can't really say I'm overly interested in anyone else. Suh was basically nonexistent last year and that was playing beside Aaron Donald. Parker is a walking injury report. Stills is just another straight line speed WR, but I would take him at the right price. Ju'Waun James would be a nice get as well if we can't get Williams. The question in all of this is what are we planning to do with Dawkins? Is he staying at LT or are we kicking him inside? That will dictate the OL moves. 

8 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm guessing and hoping he is recruiting Daryl Williams. They were teammates at Oklahoma. 

imo the MOST IMPORTANT offseason move to be made is without any doubt right tackle.  if we don't upgrade there, any other offensive acquisition is negated.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Telling you folks: JaWuan James is the name to watch.

Not only were he and Phillips together with Miami for years, he shares an agent with Kyle Williams, Isaiah McKenzie, and Robert Foster.

I’d love to get James here. I prefer him to Williams unless we can somehow get Williams far cheaper because of his injury last year. I do not think that will be the case though. 

correct me if I'm wrong.... 

Didn't a lot of people in sports media say that Suh really turned it on in the playoffs? 

Does that mean that he gave 125% 

or

he played 85% in the regular season then 100% in the playoffs?  

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Great job by Phillips, but Suh is expensive not sure how great he is anymore.

this too

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

correct me if I'm wrong.... 

Didn't a lot of people in sports media say that Suh really turned it on in the playoffs? 

Does that mean that he gave 125% 

or

he played 85% in the regular season then 100% in the playoffs?  

this too

He played Patty Cake during the regular season. 

F-

20%

Unsatisfactory 

Incomplete

A lot of people write off Suh because he is known as a dirty player, but don't forget Incognito was also known as a dirty player. He turned out to be the best lineman we had here in Buffalo in a long time. I think Suh would be the same, but I too would be concerned about what that would cost to get him here. With money already thrown at Star, not sure id want a bunch more thrown at DT...