Jordan Phillips is trying to recruit players.

On the Bills’ app Phillips is being interviewed by John Murphy and Tasker under the title “We’re trying to build something great here”. At the 7:10 mark he states that he’s trying to recruit players to come to Buffal but refused to reveal who when asked. Later in the interview, at the 9:10 mark, he says that he has played in the shadows of some great players and mentions Ndamukong Suh in particular. Seeing that Suh is a FA I’m wondering if Phillips has tried to persuade him to come to Buffalo. Also with the expected release of a couple of other ex teammates , Dolphins’ DEs Robert Quinn and Andre Branch,  it wouldn’t surprise me too much if any or a combination of 2 of these 3 show up in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Tipster19 said:

On the Bills’ app Phillips is being interviewed by John Murphy and Tasker under the title “We’re trying to build something great here”. At the 7:10 mark he states that he’s trying to recruit players to come to Buffal but refused to reveal who when asked. Later in the interview, at the 9:10 mark, he says that he has played in the shadows of some great players and mentions Ndamukong Suh in particular. Seeing that Suh is a FA I’m wondering if Phillips has tried to persuade him to come to Buffalo. Also with the expected release of a couple of other ex teammates , Dolphins’ DEs Robert Quinn and Andre Branch,  it wouldn’t surprise me too much if any or a combination of 2 of these 3 show up in Buffalo. 

Always good to have ambassadors for the team. Makes me a bigger fan of Jordan Phillips.

Some people didn't like Stevie Johnson and his recruiting efforts didn't pan out, but I appreciated his efforts to promote Buffalo and the Bills.

• Like (+1) 7

20 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I hope he's keeping in mind the glaring hole in the roster, and trying to recruit a player named "Williams."

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I'm guessing and hoping he is recruiting Daryl Williams. They were teammates at Oklahoma. 

Perfect!  :lol:

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, artmalibu said:

I liked this guy the first time he played in a bills uniform.  He was the only guy calling for the crowd on 3rd down, he has fire!!!

He was super energetic the moment he walked onto the field. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Later in the interview, at the 9:10 mark, he says that he has played in the shadows of some great players and mentions Ndamukong Suh in particular. Seeing that Suh is a FA I’m wondering if Phillips has tried to persuade him to come to Buffalo.

Suh would be VERY expensive and a waste of FA money. He won't come to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

If you really want to get crazy, Kenny Stills, who I really like, could be cut or traded. He played with Phillips at Oklahoma and in Miami. Stills would be a great fit for the Josh Allen skill set. 

But yeah im assuming Daryl Williams is the guy. Geneo Grissom, former Patriot, is also a guy who could be a depth end who is a former Sooner teammate. But I just love Phillips' passion and zeal. 

• Like (+1) 4

How can you not love Jordan? Besides when he got a little extra excited against his old team and was the culprit in a couple boneheaded penalties this guy was a spark plug and earned the interest he got from us.

BTW it did make it wasier losing that second Miani game considering I knew more losses could equate to a better 2019 draft.

26 minutes ago, mrags said:

He was super energetic the moment he walked onto the field. 

I hope he’s not enticing them with Dave & Busters gift cards because he gets an extra $20 for every $100 spent! I know that little holiday trick! 

?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

He can recruit all he wants but it doesn’t really mean much at all.  It’s a nice ra ra story for fan boys but it’s always about money.  

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He can recruit all he wants but it doesn’t really mean much at all.  It’s a nice ra ra story for fan boys but it’s always about money.  

While I agree with that, I also think it’s good to hear some nice news about the area and team environment. It’s not South Beach or LA, but it’s not Green Bay and the team has a good vibe going on. I think that could matter to some FA’s. Not the lead factor, but A factor.  It’s not 5 below with 3 feet of snow every day! A little reality is nice for a guy from LSU who’s never spent any time up north. 

KYLE for Bills Ambassador! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1