Second String Movie

Second String  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the movie Second String?

• Five Stars
    • Four stars
    • Three Stars
    • Two Stars
    • One Star
    • I have not seen Second String

19 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I gave the movie 3 stars, mainly because it was about the Bills and the first string missing the Superbowl because they ate some bad oysters, pretty ridiculous plot.

(And because Flutie, Ditka, and Berman were in it.)

They were in the hospital for about a month. Those were some bad clams.

It is schlocky and cheesy, but good.  My favorite part is when they get to the SB it's against the Vikings!  2 0-4 SB teams going head to head.  Somebody's gotta win.  :)

Incase the youngins have never seen it, its not on the PS store and can only be purchased on vudu.  I still have the dvd, but last time i gave it a watch it was on YouTube.  Entire movie is there in good qlty stream for fffrrrreeeeeeees 

That said, best thing going for it is ol'Van. No murph though. Decent cut shots of actual Bills in stock video doubling for 'backups'. The dialogue is cringeworthy, the qb throws like a girl and all the actors look terrible in pads. Couple nice Adamsmark shout outs as well! That said, its fun to remeber a time when it was actly believed guys would come to buffalo at a discount to win:)

Side note, kinda weak they gave Washington Reeds number. Thurman was featured in the opening too while Bruce made a play on Huard in the Mia game lol

Edited by gobills1212

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I keep looking for it in my tv listings but can never find it. 

I have it on my NAS drive

I gave it one star, and that's being generous because the Bills win the Super Bowl at the end

The Bills winning the Super Bowl deserves 5 stars. 

But the rest of the movie is so f*king awful.  The writing, the acting, the low budget sets, it's just some bad TV

13 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

They were in the hospital for about a month. Those were some bad clams.

It is schlocky and cheesy, but good.  My favorite part is when they get to the SB it's against the Vikings!  2 0-4 SB teams going head to head.  Somebody's gotta win.  :)

Might have made more sense if they just died - a bit morbid... but a month for food poisoning? Seems a bit far-fetched.