Best and Worst Sequels of All Time

On 3/6/2019 at 11:08 AM, eball said:

I think GF III gets hammered a bit unfairly. Was it at the level of I and II? Of course not, but talk about standards impossible to live up to. It was a decent movie and conclusion. 

Couldn’t get past the *****. Similar sounding word to insect. 

Edited by Nanker

A lot of mine were covered already.  But I'll offer up Back to the Future II as a good one. 

Huge Super Troopers fan, but I heard the second one was horrendous.  Haven't checked it out because of that though.

Was it Rocky 3 where Apollo Creed was just so peeved (when Mr. T had the nerve to insult white Adrian), he decided to dedicate his life to help Rocky beat Mr. T and defend Adrian's honor? Just a typical "black buddy" plot, where the black character, for no real reason, is dedicated to saving his white friend. I find movies with this tired theme to be racist and insulting to African Americans.

This is easily in my top 5 most stupid premises for any movie I ever saw, if not THE most ridiculous.

Edited by Bill from NYC

19 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Was it Rocky 3 where Apollo Creed was just so peeved (when Mr. T had the nerve to insult white Adrian), he decided to dedicate his life to help Rocky beat Mr. T and defend Adrian's honor? Just a typical "black buddy" plot, where the black character, for no real reason, is dedicated to saving his white friend. I find movies with this tired theme to be racist and insulting to African Americans.

This is easily in my top 5 most stupid premises for any movie I ever saw, if not THE most ridiculous.

Rocky 3 was the best of them all, Mr T on the big screen at that time was the baddest of all badasses

32 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I thought Apollo did it because he was bored and missed the limelight.  

19 hours ago, Mark80 said:

A lot of mine were covered already.  But I'll offer up Back to the Future II as a good one. 

Huge Super Troopers fan, but I heard the second one was horrendous.  Haven't checked it out because of that though.

I enjoyed it for what it was. It wasn't as good as the first. And wasn't anything Oscar worthy. But I laughed. I saw it at the $2 theater, and say I got my money's worth.