Top ten talent (Non QB) in the draft. Who ya got?

At this stage of the year, it's all speculation. The draft can't get here fast enough. Thought I'd lay out whom I believe to be the top ten talents in this year's draft, and see what everybody else's choices would be...as undoubtedly folks' draft boards are going to be quite different. With that in mind, here's my board

1) Quinnen Williams

DL Alabama

2)Nick Bosa

Edge Ohio State

3) Ed Oliver

DL Houston

4)Josh Allen

Edge Kentucky

5) Devin White

LB LSU

6)Byron Murphy

CB Washington

7)Jaylon Ferguson

Edge LA Tech

8)Christian Wilkins

DL Clemson

9)Jawaan Taylor

OT Florida

10) Greedy Williams

CB LSU

Bonus 11-15

11) Josh Jacobs

RB Alabama

12)Jeffery Simmons

DT Mississippi State

13) Cody Ford

OT Oklahoma

14)TJ Hockenson

TE Iowa

15 a)Deionte Thompson

S Alabama

15 b) Deandre Baker

CB Georgia

Thoughts? Opinions? Complaints?

1. Nick Bosa

2. Ed Oliver

3. Quinnen Williams

4. Josh Allen

5. Devin White

6. Clelin Ferrell

*7. Rashan Gary

8. Greedy Williams

9. Christian Wilkins

10. Deionte Thompson

* Jeffery Simmons is my actual #7 but I always take the star and remove from the main board approach to long term injuries like his - he is in the same bracket as the unfortunate Jaylon Smith and then the cornerback from Washington (name escapes me) in recent years. 

My 11-15 are:

11. Montez Sweat

12. Brian Burns

13. Jonah Williams

14. Byron Murphy

15. Devin Bush

And that is inclusive of QB. My QB1 is Kyler Murray who is my #16. 

• Like (+1) 4

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Nick Bosa

2. Ed Oliver

3. Quinnen Williams

4. Josh Allen

5. Devin White

6. Clelin Ferrell

*7. Rashan Gary

8. Greedy Williams

9. Christian Wilkins

10. Deionte Thompson

* Jeffery Simmons is my actual #7 but I always take the star and remove from the main board approach to long term injuries like his - he is in the same bracket as the unfortunate Jaylon Smith and then the cornerback from Washington (name escapes me) in recent years. 

My 11-15 are:

11. Montez Sweat

12. Brian Burns

13. Jonah Williams

14. Byron Murphy

15. Devin Bush

If we take jonah williams at 9 with the top 5 defensive guys off the board already. You celbrating or drinking?

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

If we take jonah williams at 9 with the top 5 defensive guys off the board already. You celbrating or drinking?

Probably just on the side of drinking. I wouldn't hate it but when Simmons was still in play I had a top 4, and a next 4 who to me were guys I really did not want to leave on the board to take Jonah. We would still be leaving 2 of those guys on the board in your scenario.  Taking Jonah ahead of the guys from my current #8 to my current #12 I wouldn't hate though I wouldn't celebrate either.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Probably just on the side of drinking. I wouldn't hate it but when Simmons was still in play I had a top 4, and a next 4 who to me were guys I really did not want to leave on the board to take Jonah. We would still be leaving 2 of those guys on the board in your scenario.  Taking Jonah ahead of the guys from my current #8 to my current #12 I wouldn't hate though I wouldn't celebrate either.

What are the odds Ed Oliver is there for us at #9? I can see Ferrell or Gary possibly being available. Hope we sign a few good free agent olinemen. Like you, I'd hate to pass on them for Jonah, though he's not a bad pick.

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Nick Bosa

2. Ed Oliver

3. Quinnen Williams

4. Josh Allen

5. Devin White

6. Clelin Ferrell

*7. Rashan Gary

8. Greedy Williams

9. Christian Wilkins

10. Deionte Thompson

My 11-15 are:

11. Montez Sweat

12. Brian Burns

13. Jonah Williams

14. Byron Murphy

15. Devin Bush

If you are correct and Deionte Thompson is a top 10 talent, then this is a VERY weak draft.

He is not even on the same planet as Minkah Fitzpatrick was coming out last year. Seriously, not remotely close. In fact, I don't know if he was much (if at all) better than Ronnie Harrison. They were the starters at Bama last in 2017 over Thompson.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

If you are correct and Deionte Thompson is a top 10 talent, then this is a VERY weak draft.

He is not even on the same planet as Minkah Fitzpatrick was coming out last year. Seriously, not remotely close. In fact, I don't know if he was much (if at all) better than Ronnie Harrison. They were the starters at Bama last in 2017 over Thompson.

Obviously you will have seen much more of him than me, but I really like what I saw. I don't have as high a grade as I did on Minkah (I was very high on Minkah) but I do have him graded above where I had Harrison (who I had a 1st/2nd borderline grade on). Thompson to me plays with the speed, agility and fluidity I want in a modern NFL safety and he has decent size and range. He is a bit slender in frame which would be a concern but when I look at NFL safety prospects I want guys who can make plays on the football and to me Thompson is right there in that regard. I worry less about can they hit and are they physical at the line. It is just less a part of the game than it used to be.

1. Nick Bosa

2. Q Williams

3. Josh Allen

4. Ed Oliver

5. J Taylor

6. R Gary

7. C Ferrell

8. TJ Hockenson

9. DK Metcalf

It's sounding more and more likely that at least 2 QB's will find their way into the top 8, so worst case for me is Ferrell. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Obviously you will have seen much more of him than me, but I really like what I saw. I don't have as high a grade as I did on Minkah (I was very high on Minkah) but I do have him graded above where I had Harrison (who I had a 1st/2nd borderline grade on). Thompson to me plays with the speed, agility and fluidity I want in a modern NFL safety and he has decent size and range. He is a bit slender in frame which would be a concern but when I look at NFL safety prospects I want guys who can make plays on the football and to me Thompson is right there in that regard. I worry less about can they hit and are they physical at the line. It is just less a part of the game than it used to be.

You have a good eye. Thompson does seem rather narrow on top and yes, his ball skills are good, probably better than Harrison's but; nothing close to Minkah imo.

I expect him to be a good player but top 10 looks like a reach to me. And I know that bangers are more effective in college and Thompson is more of a cover man which is more suited for the NFL. He might go early because teams are letting their safeties enter free agency and he will cost far less.

I wish him well but I don't think I would use a first round pick on him. Second? Yes, I suppose.

5 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

What are the odds Ed Oliver is there for us at #9? I can see Ferrell or Gary possibly being available. Hope we sign a few good free agent olinemen. Like you, I'd hate to pass on them for Jonah, though he's not a bad pick.

They wont pass.  If they are there they will take them.  I think if the meeting with Oliver went well, he will be the pick if there.

• Like (+1) 1

At this point the only three "surfire" top 10 talents IMO are Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen and Nick Bosa. To me, it is still a crapshoot after that. If one of these Is available, just take em. Else try to trade down.

This is not to say guys like Oliver are bad. Just that there are questions about each of them that bring em down a notch from those three at this point in time.