TV Shows You Want Revived

On 3/5/2019 at 2:29 PM, RochesterRob said:

Calgon, take me away.  Seriously, I don't pull for the antagonist much at all but I did like Homer Bedloe played by the great Charles Lane.

I always loved Charles Lane's mean guy characters. Going back to Dennis The Menace and beyond.

Holy cow - look at his IMDB page for a litany of 50s and 60s TV shows. It's a fun read.

IMDB Charles Lane

8 hours ago, mrags said:

There wasn’t a 2nd season for almost 2 years 

i binged watched so i guess i missed all that.

The guy is kind of a dork but the show based on astronaut Gordon Cooper's map is fascinating and amazing all at the same time.

Cant wait for civil war gold to start in April. Really wished they dug up that train last year that would have been awesome, these shows always leave us hanging but i can never get enough of them.

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i binged watched so i guess i missed all that.

The guy is kind of a dork but the show based on astronaut Gordon Cooper's map is fascinating and amazing all at the same time.

Cant wait for civil war gold to start in April. Really wished they dug up that train last year that would have been awesome, these shows always leave us hanging but i can never get enough of them.

Yeah. There was well over a year break in between the first and 2nd season of Coopers Treasure. 

The thing I like about Coopers is there is factual evidence that supports his findings. He has information in those maps that show wreckage before wrecks were ever discovered like the Atocha. 

I love The Curse Of Oak Island. And I LOVED Hunting Hitler. But the fact remains that these shows are just big jerk offs. Never show any facts. Every episode is just a preview of next weeks “incredible find”. I watch Oak Island because I’m hooked. But I know what it is. 

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah. There was well over a year break in between the first and 2nd season of Coopers Treasure. 

The thing I like about Coopers is there is factual evidence that supports his findings. He has information in those maps that show wreckage before wrecks were ever discovered like the Atocha. 

I love The Curse Of Oak Island. And I LOVED Hunting Hitler. But the fact remains that these shows are just big jerk offs. Never show any facts. Every episode is just a preview of next weeks “incredible find”. I watch Oak Island because I’m hooked. But I know what it is. 

Oak island is fun but i doubt they find anything. Treasure quest has found good stuff every time.

got to disagree about Hunting Hitler, they fond real evidence every show , however they did neglect some real history on hitler.

https://www.chick.com/products/item?stk=0191

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Oak island is fun but i doubt they find anything. Treasure quest has found good stuff every time.

got to disagree about Hunting Hitler, they fond real evidence every show , however they did neglect some real history on hitler.

Hitler was probably my favorite. Just saying it’s a ***** because they could technically say anything they want. No way to disprove it 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Hitler was probably my favorite. Just saying it’s a ***** because they could technically say anything they want. No way to disprove it 

they did find a bunch of cool stuff and the nuke plants down in South America with the attack plans on NYC were sobering.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It was a movie first and then a TV show but I have thought for awhile the Highlander would be a great show to bring back for HBO.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

On 3/8/2019 at 11:01 AM, apuszczalowski said:

Like most shows, they never do well when key cast members leave. It was terrible before they left, but was starting to decline, became terrible once they left though. And yes, Masterson was in trouble from a few accusations made against him and why they killed him off his current show on Netflix.

This makes me wonder which shows, if any, actually did better or at least well after a big turn over in cast.  I'll ignore the many iterations of SNL over the years since that is the nature of that show.  I was never really into Parks and Rec at all, but I know they had an early shakeup.  So what shows out there were completely established, then had a big cast change and still kept on chugging?  The only obvious cast change I can think of off hand was the mother change in Fresh Prince, but I wouldn't classify that as major.

19 minutes ago, shrader said:

This makes me wonder which shows, if any, actually did better or at least well after a big turn over in cast.  I'll ignore the many iterations of SNL over the years since that is the nature of that show.  I was never really into Parks and Rec at all, but I know they had an early shakeup.  So what shows out there were completely established, then had a big cast change and still kept on chugging?  The only obvious cast change I can think of off hand was the mother change in Fresh Prince, but I wouldn't classify that as major.

I think Parks and Recs shakeup was more with a couple secondary characters and focusing more on Pratt and Aubrey Plaza.

And I also wouldnt count Fresh Prince since it was more of a secondary character and they only brought in a new actress to take over the role. I think it's a little different when later in the series a main cast member leaves and the bring in new actors as new characters to fill the void instead of just replacing an actor and having someone new take over the role. It usually only happens after and actual death of an actor, or late in a shows run when cast members want to leave to do other things or have contract disputes.

Threes Company had changed the landlords and brought in someone to replace Chrissy. I'm not sure how long they were on after that. I dont remember how long Newsradio was on after Hartmans death.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:01 AM, apuszczalowski said:

Lucky getting a job? You never watched the show did you? He had plenty of money from slipping on the pee pee

Oh yeah. Then Manger Babies gets picked up nationally, and they move to LA. While we'll never hear Luanne again, they can pay tribute by putting billboards etc in the background for the show.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:01 AM, apuszczalowski said:

They did come out with that really bad sort of spin off a while ago (cant remember if it was 80s or 90s though...)

That 80s Show. And it sucked. While That 70s Show relied on the humor of the fully developed characters, while they were living in the 70s, this show was essentially a drawn out SNL skit where every joke was "Ha ha. We're in the 80s. Get it!" 

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think Parks and Recs shakeup was more with a couple secondary characters and focusing more on Pratt and Aubrey Plaza.

And I also wouldnt count Fresh Prince since it was more of a secondary character and they only brought in a new actress to take over the role. I think it's a little different when later in the series a main cast member leaves and the bring in new actors as new characters to fill the void instead of just replacing an actor and having someone new take over the role. It usually only happens after and actual death of an actor, or late in a shows run when cast members want to leave to do other things or have contract disputes.

Threes Company had changed the landlords and brought in someone to replace Chrissy. I'm not sure how long they were on after that. I dont remember how long Newsradio was on after Hartmans death.

Many family sitcoms go downhill when kids start to age. They bring in a new kid or grandkid, and recycle plots from when the older sibling was that age a few decades ago. Perfect example is when the Olsen twins stopped being babies, Full House had Jesse's twins.

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Many family sitcoms go downhill when kids start to age. They bring in a new kid or grandkid, and recycle plots from when the older sibling was that age a few decades ago. Perfect example is when the Olsen twins stopped being babies, Full House had Jesse's twins.

But that was way after the Brady Bunch brought in the rambunctious cousin.....

20 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Agreed Oak Island is fun, but too drawn out.  It would be better as a monthly 2 hour episode instead of repetitive hour episodes.

The Hitler evidence was circumstantial at best.   Still an entertaining series tho

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Agreed Oak Island is fun, but too drawn out.  It would be better as a monthly 2 hour episode instead of repetitive hour episodes.

The Hitler evidence was circumstantial at best.   Still an entertaining series tho

I bet all the money i dont have that Hitler didnt kill himself/die in that bunker. I thought this before, but the show substantiated it.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian