TV Shows You Want Revived

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

@Gugny is right. (Never thought I'd see the day where I typed that.) You do realize that the show's creator was extremely liberal, right? As was Carol O'Connor. I lean to the right, and still enjoy the show, but Archie was written as an unintelligent ####### on purpose. Carol O'Connor was so talented though that he was able to play him in a way that made him loveable. 

I was not aware of the political leanings of the cast and creator; interesting regarding the background of the show.  I'm a little too young to have seen the first runs, but used to watch the reruns and thought the show was hilarious.  I enjoy watching some of the older shows and movies, as a good portion of them cannot be made in the same way nowadays (too politically incorrect.)  I initially thought that @Gugny was just being whiney in his response, but I see what he was getting at.

9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I was not aware of the political leanings of the cast and creator; interesting regarding the background of the show.  I'm a little too young to have seen the first runs, but used to watch the reruns and thought the show was hilarious.  I enjoy watching some of the older shows and movies, as a good portion of them cannot be made in the same way nowadays (too politically incorrect.)  I initially thought that @Gugny was just being whiney in his response, but I see what he was getting at.

Reiner is one of the top Hollywood "resistance" members. My mother quotes his ridiculously stupid twitter account like it's gospel. To each their own. Some people enjoy being stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Sanners said:

King of the Hill

It would be sad without Luanne and Lucky....

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Jerry Stiller is 91, not sure how active of a cast member he could still be, but I'd be game.

Even a minute of Jerry Stiller would be more enjoyable then the rest of the show......

22 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It would be sad without Luanne and Lucky.

It would be. But a simple script written about Lucky getting a job in another town, and having a send off with some recycled audio of them both saying goodbye, then driving off with Free Fallin' playing on Lucky's truck stereo would be fitting.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:55 AM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Enough time has passed in real life, that a That 90's Show could be made with most of the original cast.

I loved That 70's show in the first 4-5 seasons. But it had a steep decline in quality after that. The show was cringeingly terrible long before Ashton Kutcher and Topher Grace left it.  The characters just couldn't develop well. And I think Danny Masterson is in trouble currently.

On 3/6/2019 at 6:03 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

It would be. But a simple script written about Lucky getting a job in another town, and having a send off with some recycled audio of them both saying goodbye, then driving off with Free Fallin' playing on Lucky's truck stereo would be fitting.

Lucky getting a job? You never watched the show did you? He had plenty of money from slipping on the pee pee

16 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I loved That 70's show in the first 4-5 seasons. But it had a steep decline in quality after that. The show was cringeingly terrible long before Ashton Kutcher and Topher Grace left it.  The characters just couldn't develop well. And I think Danny Masterson is in trouble currently.

Like most shows, they never do well when key cast members leave. It was terrible before they left, but was starting to decline, became terrible once they left though. And yes, Masterson was in trouble from a few accusations made against him and why they killed him off his current show on Netflix.

They did come out with that really bad sort of spin off a while ago (cant remember if it was 80s or 90s though...)