Is Trent Brown a possible option?

I watched Brown closely in the Super Bowl.  He looked pretty darn good to me, both run and pass blocking.  His success has come from terrific coaching in NE.  I have two question marks - 1) Whether we have the coaches to do the same and 2) is he hungry enough after a big contract to keep up his level of play.  NE has a tendency to let players go when they're up for a big contract. 

I like him.  Hey, life is short....he has performed, he's a monster, and he solves a major problem for us.  I say go for it.

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

There is a reason Bill isn’t rushing to sign the guy. He knows Brady made him the stud OT he is today. 

No there is a first round draft pick from Georgia who missed last year returning from injury is why Bill isn't rushing to sign him. They traded for him as an insurance policy and it worked out for them extremely well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Seeing d Smith’s contract I would not throw 12 to 14 mil at Brown. 

Why? Brown is a better player hands down. I know playing in NE helped him, but when you are that massive a human being, it sometimes takes a little while to grow into that frame. We could get a player who takes a step back or a monster entering his prime years. I'm taking the gamble on the monster.

He's a possibility.  He's far from the worst tackle on the market.  Beane and the personnel department has done the research on every impending free agent, including Brown.  Of course, they are also aware of every hole the Bills have.  The agent of any free agent in whom the Bills are remotely interested is going to get a call.  The biggest questions are probably price and appropriateness for the blocking scheme.  I think last year Buffalo tried to be multiple, and were not very successful.  Members of the line just didn't work very well together.  They had no chemistry and were confused about what to do.  Bobby Johnson's background is more zone blocking than a power blocking scheme.  Trent Brown is a big boy, biggest offensive tackle in the league if I'm not mistaken.  I don't really know what his skill set is, but his size suggest he might not be the best fit for a zone blocking scheme.

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

There is a reason Bill isn’t rushing to sign the guy. He knows Brady made him the stud OT he is today. 

I disagree, when you rewatch the games of this guy he just flat out destroyed people in the running game. Having Brady as your QB will lower your sack numbers because he gets rid of the ball quickly and has amazing pocket awareness. I think Brown can play both positions but I think he is a ideal fit for us at RT. This guy moves people off the LOS and is a solid pass blocker, with how much Allen takes off and runs and watching our horrid O-Line getting zero movement this guy is worth it as long as the contract numbers don't get too crazy. I have a feeling if he is not offered a ridiculous contract that this is a guy the Patriots will try and re-sign. 

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I disagree, when you rewatch the games of this guy he just flat out destroyed people in the running game. Having Brady as your QB will lower your sack numbers because he gets rid of the ball quickly and has amazing pocket awareness. I think Brown can play both positions but I think he is a ideal fit for us at RT. This guy moves people off the LOS and is a solid pass blocker, with how much Allen takes off and runs and watching our horrid O-Line getting zero movement this guy is worth it as long as the contract numbers don't get too crazy. I have a feeling if he is not offered a ridiculous contract that this is a guy the Patriots will try and re-sign. 

Sign me up then. Get it done Beane