Is Trent Brown a possible option?

NE's offense has the ability to mask subpar OT play, because the ball is literally out in 1.5 seconds on passing plays. Nate Solder was never a very good LT in  NE, but he was highly rated because he did his job for those 1.5 seconds. He got paid by the Giants for that, and went on to suck for them, because they run a more traditional passing offense.

Somebody will now overpay Trent Brown & the same thing will happen. I hope it's not Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I want him he's a bulldozer in the run gm solid at pass pro. But yes the flexibility at RT/LT is good.  He's gonna cost about 13mil per but u have to look at the bright side he helps open up the draft for us to draft a game changer in the 1st either on D or O

5 minutes ago, 947 said:

NE's offense has the ability to mask subpar OT play, because the ball is literally out in 1.5 seconds on passing plays. Nate Solder was never a very good LT in  NE, but he was highly rated because he did his job for those 1.5 seconds. He got paid by the Giants for that, and went on to suck for them, because they run a more traditional passing offense.

Somebody will now overpay Trent Brown & the same thing will happen. I hope it's not Buffalo.

I do think Brown is a much more talented player than Solder.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Either he re-signs with the evil team next wednesday morning or he waits to sign with somebody mid summer.He'll want stupid numbers...screw him.

Whoa, I thought you were gugny.  You should really consider changing your avatar to avoid confusion.  Perhaps something more LGBTQPPAF friendly??

6 minutes ago, 947 said:

I'm also very skeptical of anybody who comes from New England.  Especially on offense.

The league is FULL of players who left the Patriots machine, signed big deals elsewhere, and then never lived up to their contract.

He's also pretty much the only Left Tackle with starting experience available in Free Agency, so his contract is going to be ridiculous.

We definitely need a tackle, but I would rather spend money on JuWuan James or Darryl Williams on the right side.  I'm more confident they will continue to play well in another environment.

Of course (assuming we are not sold on Dion Dawkins at LT), that puts us into a really difficult position with the draft.  We would really need to prioritize an OT like Jonah Williams or Jawaan Taylor at #9.  And I'm not sure either will be available.

3 hours ago, 947 said:

Good point about the pass plays.  That being the case, how do you really know how good any OTs are if they've only played in the NFL at NE during the Brady years?