Rams' C John Sullivan to hit open market

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Too old. With a young QB, the last thing he needs in year 2 is a stopgap C.

If the Conference champs are willing to kick him to the curb, why would we be interested?

Well,then go all offense in the draft and get your defensive pieces with the savings for the ufa's.I wouldn't have a issue with starting off with Taylor from the Gators at nine...hit up a flanker in the second,in the third bang out a guard.All of this depends on us getting a Center...Morse is the guy to hit up next wednesday..we'll have to over pay somebody if the need is dire...I consider getting a stud center a priority.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't see a tackle in Risner; I see a guy that gets outmatched by good pass rushers on the outside.

But he plays with really good pad level, and does an excellent job of working out to LBs.  His play recognition is top-notch.  To me, that spells center.

Obviously I'd rather have Bradbury, but I'm not inclined to spend the No. 9 overall pick on a center.

I don’t care if he’s Jim Otto, Mike Webster,  and Dwight Stephenson all rolled into one, you CANNOT take a center at 9. 

John Sullivan is the guy they pivoted to when we matched the Ryan Groy offer sheet. Groy got paid but I'd be pissed if I were him. Rams wa ted him to be their starting center, we matched and he sat on the bench for two years. 

Maybe they go after Groy again. Sullivan is old. 

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

John Sullivan is the guy they pivoted to when we matched the Ryan Groy offer sheet. Groy got paid but I'd be pissed if I were him. Rams wa ted him to be their starting center, we matched and he sat on the bench for two years. 

Maybe they go after Groy again. Sullivan is old. 

Re-signing Groy would be like re-signing both Pitts and Lacey...meaningless if you want to make the playoffs in '19.jmho

7 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Re-signing Groy would be like re-signing both Pitts and Lacey...meaningless if you want to make the playoffs in '19.jmho

I meant maybe the Rams go after Groy again. That ship has sailed for us I think. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

You're probably looking at 20 ish m for both.Sullivan made 8.5 last year,Saffold 7.5.

Now that I think about it just offer saffold and then go after Paradis or Morse. If they sign those 2 next week the line is immediately Soo much better .

Edited by BeefCurtns

19 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Now that I think about it just offer saffold and then go after Paradis or Morse. If they sign those 2 next week the line is immediately Soo much better .

I think I'd rather have Daryl Williams than Saffold. But I want Morse and another guy. I'll take Saffold, Spain, Cann, James, Williams, whomever. 

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Too old. With a young QB, the last thing he needs in year 2 is a stopgap C.

If the Conference champs are willing to kick him to the curb, why would we be interested?

Yeah, I think they are at least a year away from bringing any older players like this in to fill the missing pieces. I'd rather spend resources this year on younger players/draft picks who should be around a while.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeefCurtns said:

Ohh..I have no doubt Beane doesn't have Morse (agent) on speed dial next Wednesday.

15 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't see a tackle in Risner; I see a guy that gets outmatched by good pass rushers on the outside.

But he plays with really good pad level, and does an excellent job of working out to LBs.  His play recognition is top-notch.  To me, that spells center.

Obviously I'd rather have Bradbury, but I'm not inclined to spend the No. 9 overall pick on a center.

Agree on Risner. He actually reminds me a bit of Mitch Morse who was a good college tackle who got better the longer he played but always looked tailor made to be a center at the next level.

17 hours ago, K-9 said:

I’m hoping for Bradbury myself. I think he can step right in.

I don’t know if true, but was reading some analysis during the combine that Bradbury isn’t strong enough yet to play C in the nfl and they didn’t expect him to be able to start their right away 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree on Risner. He actually reminds me a bit of Mitch Morse who was a good college tackle who got better the longer he played but always looked tailor made to be a center at the next level.

Morse is probably a fair comparison, as is Cody Whitehair, though I think Whitehair was a bit better athlete.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know if true, but was reading some analysis during the combine that Bradbury isn’t strong enough yet to play C in the nfl and they didn’t expect him to be able to start their right away 

Wasn’t aware of that. Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep. Although his bench was impressive core strength and leg strength are both often overlooked and more important, which he probably needs a offseason of strength training to improve upon. Still a great prospect though.

20 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Hard pass.  PFF rated Bodine #18 C and we also have Long.  Sullivan rated #31 of all Cs and he is 34 yrs old.

Still believe Bills will draft long term solution at C this year in McCoy from A&M  or Bradbury NC State.  Long or Bodine will be short term solution.

What round do u think we grab a center?