Article for those obsessing about Metcalf

TigerJ

Too juiced up to even tell what his real NFL body will be like.  Maybin 2.0

I think there is zero chance we take this guy.  I have an unfounded hunch he's got the Sammy disease, gonna live on the injury reports.  Steroids beat up your ligaments, tendons, and joints.  I know he's technically clean now, but what damage has he done already.

A.J. Brown or Parris in the 2nd.  

I saw Astro's catch rate breakdown and cried a little to see Hakeem Butler at less than 50%.  Im giving up on him.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Whether you're for or "agin 'im" here's an article that talks about Metcalf from a health perspective: body fat percentage, neck injury, etc.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/3/5/18249345/2019-nfl-draft-receiver-d-k-metcalf-has-a-crazy-body-fat-percentage-fact-or-fiction-nfl-combine

Knowing this regime (McBeane) like we do, I think there is 0% chance they risk a pick like #9 on this guy.  And I fully support that position.

• Like (+1) 10

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

David Boston.

David Boston was a very good NFL receiver when he came out. And he wasn’t the juice monkey he was until his 3rd year.

The problem with Boston was that he was a nut job. Which ultimately got in the way of his football career. But the dude could play. 

I don’t think Metcalf is half as good as Boston was as a receiver.

• Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, eball said:

Knowing this regime (McBeane) like we do, I think there is 0% chance they risk a pick like #9 on this guy.  And I fully support that position.

Agreed. WR with neck problems, who has issues with lateral movement? I'll pass.

52 minutes ago, eball said:

I was actually thinking the opposite. Knowing this regime so far, they like players with incredible physical tools. Metcalf certainly fits their MO up to this point. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I was actually thinking the opposite. Knowing this regime so far, they like players with incredible physical tools. Metcalf certainly fits their MO up to this point. 

Availability and flexibility are key.  This guy has boom-or-(more-likely)-bust written all over him.

I am wary of a modest injury risk with Metcalf, and his less than stellar 3 cone results, but I'm not going to write him off for being too fit.  I would not be disappointed if he were the Bills' pick, but I'm fine if they go in a different direction.  

• Like (+1) 1

It doesn't matter. Those who have a hard-on for him still see him as the second coming of Calvin Johnson, who sure did an awful lot for Stafford and Detroit in his career - I still can't get over the multiple MVP awards and Super Bowl victories. It's comical, I feel this is the same type of crowd who said EJ needs more time or Tyrod will improve and needs mroe time - there is no room for rational discussion....

• Awesome! (+1) 1