VCR ALERT: Tues. 3/5/19: Steelers at Bills

Buftex

I remember that game well.

I live in IL, so I went to a local sports bar to watch the game with a friend who's a huge Steelers fan. He & his son wore Steelers jerseys, my son & I wore our Bills jerseys. I was sure we'd dominate, but it didn't end well for us... We couldn't even slow Leveon Bell down. The only positive from that game was picking off Roethlisberger 3 times.

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The game was only close because Ben threw like 4 picks or something. Bell ran for what felt like a million yards.

ya I remember it well. I remember being there thinking "we picked a good qb off this many times and are still gonna lose". disheartening... on a side note, weather-wise, it was probably the coolest game I've ever been to. brisk and dry. huge snowflakes. was a really neat atmosphere that day.

32 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I remember this game. The bills players acted like they'd never seen snow before and had no idea how to play in it 

I was there and remember there were no footprints in the snow on the Steelers side of the 50 for the whole 1st quarter. Most were inside the Bills 30 yard line.

15 hours ago, Buftex said:

In case anyone is interested, Tuesday (3/5) the NFL Network will re-run the 2016 Steelers at Bills game.  1pm Eastern time.

Honestly, I barely remember this game (it is all a blur the last 15 years or so), but I am sure the Bills lost...but it must have been a decent game, or they wouldn't be re-running it.

They are featuring good games for current free agents. I am sure they are playing that game because Le’Veon Bell had a big day.

• Like (+1) 1

Are they showing this game to remind potential suitors of how good a back Bell is?  All I remember about that game is Bell getting the ball, standing still for a full second, and then gashing us for 15 plus yards.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes, a snow game. Stiller’s got out front big, then we closed the gap and made a game of it. But lost..

Wow dude.... how about a FREAKIN' spoiler alert before your comment. Sheesh!

Ps no sarcasm font but it's needed.

Edited by aceman_16
added the sarcasm font part for the mouth breathers

7 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

This is going to be the reason. They are probably doing the free agent showcase games this week. 

Yes. It was listed as a Free Agency Showcase for Bell. As if any GMs in the league needed to watch NFLN replays to see if he was actually any good. 

8 hours ago, RussellDopeland said:

When I saw 'VCR Alert' I thought it might be a replay of a truly great Bills game, from 1991, when Kelly threw 6 TDs (4 to Don Beebe) in a route of the Steelers.

I prefer the 92 playoff game because I distinctly remember Cowher's halftime interview during the comeback game. Already gameplanning for the Oilers. Karma is a B.

10 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Wow dude.... how about a FREAKIN' spoiler alert before your comment. Sheesh!

Ps no sarcasm font but it's needed.

WTH’s the matter with you? It was 2016! Are you so young, you don’t have recollection of 3 years ago, or are you suffering from Alzheimer’s? If that’s the case, you won’t remember posting here, let alone to set your vcr..

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/5/2019 at 12:24 AM, Buftex said:

In case anyone is interested, Tuesday (3/5) the NFL Network will re-run the 2016 Steelers at Bills game.  1pm Eastern time.

Honestly, I barely remember this game (it is all a blur the last 15 years or so), but I am sure the Bills lost...but it must have been a decent game, or they wouldn't be re-running it.

It wasn't a decent game. Bell killed us. I was there. No interest in wasting more time 

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

WTH’s the matter with you? It was 2016! Are you so young, you don’t have recollection of 3 years ago, or are you suffering from Alzheimer’s? If that’s the case, you won’t remember posting here, let alone to set your vcr..

He was joking Brah. Quit being so sensitive.

18 hours ago, 947 said:

I remember that game well.

I live in IL, so I went to a local sports bar to watch the game with a friend who's a huge Steelers fan. He & his son wore Steelers jerseys, my son & I wore our Bills jerseys. I was sure we'd dominate, but it didn't end well for us... We couldn't even slow Leveon Bell down. The only positive from that game was picking off Roethlisberger 3 times.

Why the hell were you sure we'd  dominate?