Bills have interest in TE Dwayne Allen; visited 3/6

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I sat on my couch and had 3 less catches than this guy did all of last year. No

If the Patriots can’t find a way to get this guy involved, my interest ends. Can’t think of too many examples where the Pats couldn’t help a guy produce and then he went on to produce later. 

Allen is a good player and can help in a lot of ways. I prefer a guy like James becuase he has more height and length. But Allen would be a nice add to the position. 

My my guess is he goes to Miami and helps Flores establish culture ala Mike Tolbert. 

45 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I think I'd literally have no reaction whatsoever if he's signed. He's the epitome of a "meh" player. Maybe that's a little harsh but I'd rather have a TE that can catch and block adequately over one that blocks exceptionally.

Yeah I’m also hoping for all pros and future hall of famers at every position 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s a guy. The Bills have a need at TE. Allen doesn’t do anything for me but if they want a warm body, fine. He’s Lee Smith

I agree with Kirby on this.  He's pretty much a one dimensional TE.  If they plan to have 4 or 5 guys to open camp, I suppose they need to keep their options open.  I can't imagine the price will be too high.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

How many throws did he have come his way?

I would rather have a guy that makes 3 catches, on 3 attempts then a guy with 10 catches on 20 attempts.....

22 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I agree with Kirby on this.  He's pretty much a one dimensional TE.  If they plan to have 4 or 5 guys to open camp, I suppose they need to keep their options open.  I can't imagine the price will be too high.

From the one article, it looked like the pats want him back, but at a lower salary, and with other teams interested, they won't be getting him at a discount......

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

I think I'd literally have no reaction whatsoever if he's signed. He's the epitome of a "meh" player. Maybe that's a little harsh but I'd rather have a TE that can catch and block adequately over one that blocks exceptionally.

we need at least two more currently.  meh guy might fit up  fine for Buffalo who needs a blocker. i would take back Lee Smith s of today 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

He had two more than Dion Dawkins. If having a player that can block well, but never catches the ball is what you’re looking for then why not just line an extra OT up at TE?

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

100 percent agree- this team needs a top flight TE that can do it all. I dont want anymore scraps on this team. Too many are used to settling and moral victories. Lets build this damn team! We have our QB now get the line in place and some weapons.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Buffalo needs to sign one decent to good veteran tight end.  Dwayne Allen fits the bill.  His scouting report coming out of college suggested he was a good receiver.  Playing behind Gronk in New England, he was never going to get a lot of opportunities to show he can catch the ball.  

6 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Allen is a good player and can help in a lot of ways. I prefer a guy like James becuase he has more height and length. But Allen would be a nice add to the position. 

My my guess is he goes to Miami and helps Flores establish culture ala Mike Tolbert. 

I think the Bills have heard some news they don't like about Jessie James could be the market price for him or his unwillingness to sign here.  I hope these TEs just keep saying no until we have no choice but to draft Hock. Lol.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

100 percent agree- this team needs a top flight TE that can do it all. I dont want anymore scraps on this team. Too many are used to settling and moral victories. Lets build this damn team! We have our QB now get the line in place and some weapons.

They Pats win and they get contributions every year from "scrap" free agent that they sign and discard after they've gotten their use out of them.  You can't have star players at every starting position and especially true of backups/role players.

• Like (+1) 1