Bills re-sign Jordan Phillips

2 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

This thread may not last very long because there's absolutely nothing to criticize about this deal.?

There should be a Bills Free Agent Signing thread and this should not be in a thread of its own...bah ***** humbug...?

• Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I love it!

I really thought the guy was a BEAST last year.

I really feel like our D is all set for one more year if we make absolutely no more additions.

Get our damn offense up to par, please!!!

Still lacking another edge rusher, Murphy and Lawson aren't.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

This thread may not last very long because there's absolutely nothing to criticize about this deal.?

Im sure some will speculate the money was too high. 1yr, $80m deal?

• Haha (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Would not be surprised to see Buffalo still take another DT.  McCoach gotta get his Dlinemen. 

I would certainly hope so. Jordan Phillips isn't a locked in starter which is why he got a 1 year deal.

11 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

This may indicate that Beane is less likely to go d-line on day one or two of the draft.  Hopefully to focus on offense.  I like that this is a one year prove it deal.  He had some good moments and a couple of bonehead plays but more good than bad.  Overall this is a positive signing.

IMO it's more a stopgap deal than a prove it deal. As in we will draft a DT early but you don't want to rely on a rookie to be a full time starter.

• Like (+1) 2

Why the 1 year? Wouldn't you think they'd hope to look past one year? Are they unsure of his long term ability but want to see a full season/off-season?

Possibly they weren't offering the long term.cash he was looking for so opted to take the prove it deal?

Just curious how they didn't end up with more term on this deal.

29 minutes ago, poblano said:

Still lacking another edge rusher, Murphy and Lawson aren't.

I would disagree kinda. 

Murphy is an excellent rusher.... when he’s healthy. That’s the big question mark. He was basically hurt all last season which sucks. 

Also don’t forget Lorax may be rushing a little more if they add some more linebackers which I’m sure they will. 

An average player, I'm hoping the contract shows it.  Not saying that in a negative way, average players are valuable in the NFL as long as their salary indicates that.  In guessing Jordan Phillip's m8hhtve won this negotiation.  Anything more than $3.5-$4M is an overpay IMO

• Like (+1) 1