Sunset Strip 1964

TSNBDSC

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I’m not familiar with the area, but I’m familiar with the cars.  

I have fond memories of those old cars, but compared to the cars of today they were pretty rough, primitive, smelly, unreliable, poor handling and unsafe. 

Hey! I resemble those remarks!

They look a lot cooler than they are. I worked with some guys who had some awesome older cars. They were not that much fun to go for a ride in. But they're still awesome! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Wouldn't be surprised if many of those were still on the road, in So Cal...

Back in the 70s, a gearhead friend would take the train out to Southern California, and buy a ten to fifteen year old ‘muscle car’.  He would fully underwrite his trip’s expenses by the profit cleared selling the vehicle in WNY, after driving it back.  He maintained the biggest worry about a car from out there was heat cracks in the dashboards.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Third rewrite.

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Back in the 70s, a gearhead friend would take the train out to Southern California, and buy a ten to fifteen year old ‘muscle car’.  He would fully underwrite his trip’s expenses by the profit cleared selling the vehicle in WNY, after driving it back.  He maintained the biggest worry about a car from out there was heat cracks in the dashboards.

About 20 years ago I worked with a guy... He was telling me how he took a family vacation to S.California from Chicago in 1960... To visit his Brother that was in the service.  Anyway... Riding in the family station wagon, he could see the door molding melting in the sun as they were driving through Arizona.

Vehicles have come a long way!