CJ Mosley Not being tagged

49 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

He's a top 5 off ball backer in the NFL isn't he? Definitely unexpected that he would hit the open market. Are they in trouble financially? 

Not really, but I think it boils down to who they want to keep.  Do you keep your trench guys, Michael Pierce, Za'Darius Smith, Suggs or do you keep the off the ball linebacker who will be asking for a contract to cover all of what those guys will be getting?  They drafted Kenny Young last year and Peanut Onswar proved he can play in the league.  If anything I'd probably let him walk too and if I need to draft a rookie backer in rd 2-4 after adding a WR in rd 1.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

He's a top 5 off ball backer in the NFL isn't he? Definitely unexpected that he would hit the open market. Are they in trouble financially? 

I don’t think he is top 5. If it was still old school football he probably would be though. 

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Overrated, not worth breaking the bank over.

He’s only the second best ILB in the league.  And he’s relatively young .  A perfect fit for our defense by moving Edmunds outside.  

Edited by Spielman
  • Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Spielman said:

He’s only the second best ILB in the league.  And he’s relatively young .  A perfect fit for our defense by moving Edmunds outside.  

If that was the case, there’s no way the Ravens would let him leave.

13 hours ago, Rico said:

Overrated, not worth breaking the bank over.

I think he is very good, but he is a thumper middle linebacker and the value of those guys in the modern day NFL is low. If you are close to the cap with veteran team it isn't a position that you spend the $$s in. I think it speaks to the positional value rather than his ability. If you want to get paid as a modern MLB in the NFL you better be a sideline to sideline guy. Mosely is very good at what he does but what he does is not something you pay big bucks for.

• Like (+1) 1