Browns exploring trade offers for Duke Johnson

This is exactly the type of player they need. 

Versatile and young and signed up a couple more years. 

Someone called him a dime a dozen type running back but that’s absurd. 

Not many people watch the Browns so I get it cause you read his stat line. 

However I have sadly watched those browns the last couple years and duke is very very underutilized. 

He’s not an every down back and he’s not paid like one. He will make some plays every single game though if he’s given a chance. 

2 years ago Cleveland was a total joke and lost big every game. Hue didn’t even use Johnson much and he did pack on a lot of garbage time stats. This season Chubb exploded and once again duke was left out of the game plans. He is absolutely worth a later round pick and would be a huge get here for buffalo 

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

You can’t expect a 6th round running back to be any better than DJ as a player. JMO

Why a 6th rounder? What's the significance of that round?

1 hour ago, Logic said:

If anyone follows Cover 1 on Twitter, he was at the senior bowl and claimed that he directly overheard a call between Brandon Beane and John Dorsey. It's anyone's guess what they were discussing, but Duke Johnson seems like a logical conclusion. Remember that Daboll's primary offensive background was New England, where a versatile pass-catching back is often a big part of the attack.

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

This is exactly the type of player they need. 

Versatile and young and signed up a couple more years. 

Someone called him a dime a dozen type running back but that’s absurd. 

Not many people watch the Browns so I get it cause you read his stat line. 

However I have sadly watched those browns the last couple years and duke is very very underutilized. 

He’s not an every down back and he’s not paid like one. He will make some plays every single game though if he’s given a chance. 

2 years ago Cleveland was a total joke and lost big every game. Hue didn’t even use Johnson much and he did pack on a lot of garbage time stats. This season Chubb exploded and once again duke was left out of the game plans. He is absolutely worth a later round pick and would be a huge get here for buffalo 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-duke-johnson-jr-is-one-of-the-most-efficient-backs-in-football-and-hes-finally-getting-the-ball 

An article about how highly efficient he is per touch and how underutilized. With Chubb, Hunt, and Johnson the odd man out some team is gonna get a good back at a good deal.

Edited by Turk71

8 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I'd be ok with it if they can get him for a 5th.   He is still relatively young, and doesnt have a lot of miles on the wheels.

I've always kind of wondered why he was so underused as a runner though.

Then again, may want to explore Tevin Coleman in free agency first.

Yeah, a fifth would be a decent deal.  

The guy averaged 4.3 ypc in four years with the Browns.  He's averaged 58 catches a year and before they got Manziel his QB's were Cody Kessler, Johnny Football, Josh McCown, Austin Davis, RG3, DeShone Kizer, and Tyrod Taylor.

A running back like this isn't a dime a dozen.  Whoever gets him for that contract will be fortunate.  He's worth a 4th round pick.