CB Rock Ya-Sin .... a McDermott special

Is he a great prospect...yes.  

Is Beane and McD gonna do a "Whitner" like blunder at 9 and take him over some other stud prospects?  No way.  

Could he be drafted by us in a trade down like Tre was in the bottom half of the first?  Sure.  

Could he be taken in the 2nd (he wont make it there though IMO)?  Sure.

Would I be upset if he was a Bill when the draft is over?  Only if we took him at #9.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Is he a great prospect...yes.  

Is Beane and McD gonna do a "Whitner" like blunder at 9 and take him over some other stud prospects?  No way.  

Could he be drafted by us in a trade down like Tre was in the bottom half of the first?  Sure.  

Could he be taken in the 2nd (he wont make it there though IMO)?  Sure.

Would I be upset if he was a Bill when the draft is over?  Only if we took him at #9.  

Not at 9! :lol:

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm in the minority, but I love our CB group.  I'd love to add a cheap vet and/or a guy in the middle/late rounds, but with White/Johnson/Wallace and hopefully Neal in a nickel/dime role, I feel good about the group.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman
  • Like (+1) 6

I was thinking that he likely gets taken too early for Buffalo to really target him (I think Buffalo wants a corner on Day 3), but the wrestling background definitely gives me some pause lol.

Levi Wallace was the guy I had pegged for Buffalo last year and Derrick Baity and Michael Jackson are the two that I have my eye on for Buffalo this year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I'm in the minority, but I love our CB group.  I'd love to add a cheap vet and/or a guy in the middle/late rounds, but White/Johnson/Wallace and hopefully Neal in a nickel/dime role, I feel good about the group.

I do too

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

I'm in the minority, but I love our CB group.  I'd love to add a cheap vet and/or a guy in the middle/late rounds, but with White/Johnson/Wallace and hopefully Neal in a nickel/dime role, I feel good about the group.

They should draft a CB every year. Just depends on where. This guy fits the brand but may go higher than where they want to pick. But I’m sure McD is a fan. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They should draft a CB every year. Just depends on where. This guy fits the brand but may go higher than where they want to pick. But I’m sure McD is a fan. 

I agree completely and would say we should draft 2 each year.   Given our depth and the talent issues in the class, I'd vote for the later rounds.  

If it were me, I'd add a veteran cb like a Gaines, draft a S in the middle/late and draft a CB after the S.

5 hours ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

What's not to love about........

1. White

2. Wallace

3. Johnson

and 4.

Bring back EJ Gaines on a team-friendly deal.

There........ it is done and this group looks strong for many years to come, if they all stay healthy, of course.

• Like (+1) 1

As someone who watches a lot of the American Athletic Conference, he stood out. An excellent, tough player. I just doubt that where we are picking, our needs and where he is projected, I doubt he is a future Bill barring some trade

4 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

As someone who watches a lot of the American Athletic Conference, he stood out. An excellent, tough player. I just doubt that where we are picking, our needs and where he is projected, I doubt he is a future Bill barring some trade

I was hoping he would fall into Taron Johnson territory (4th) but that’s probably not realistic 

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes. Can never have too many young corners, and if they are all developing well it allows you to let them walk in free agency and avoid the monster contracts.

McDermott knows what he is doing in the secondary. That's his bread and butter.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Don't think McDermott can draft a guy with the word sin in his name.

If the Bills trade down and take a corner, I'd laugh pretty hard.

I don't think its happening, I was just commenting on the thought of it from this thread.