Joe Marino (paraphrasing): "Bills will add an edge rusher in free agency in a 'creative' way"

3 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

I immediately thought of Anthony Barr. Glad some of you guys did too. He was wasted as a 4-3 LB. You check his tape from UCLA and I was in love. I'd love to see him as a 4-3 DE. 

I could see this as well. Especially with how Allen played against them, I could see a guy like Barr wanting to come to Buffalo and play on that defense with a quarterback that literally leaped over him. 

I just hope "creative" doesn't mean signing someone other teams didn't want. Really getting tiresome. How about concentrating  on acquiring "Studs" on the OL and DL in the draft and only going after premium free agents and not concentrate on being "creative". I know it's not exciting but both lines are really pathetic, that is----> if you really want a chance at "The Ring"

I don't love Anthony Barr. When I watch him, I think he's soft. Probably just me. Adding a Sam backer does make sense though and allows the team to use Lorax as more of a rusher. So I uunderstand  the thought process, but I've never liked Barr. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't love Anthony Barr. When I watch him, I think he's soft. Probably just me. Adding a Sam backer does make sense though and allows the team to use Lorax as more of a rusher. So I uunderstand  the thought process, but I've never liked Barr. 

I agree.  He IS soft.  That's why Zimmer doesn't like him, I suspect.  And it wouldn't exactly be "creative" to go sign an expensive pass rusher in free agency. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Agree with you regarding Anthony Barr.  He just seems to play smaller than his size.  Not real excited about the potential to get him in FA.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I agree. Was actually one of the reasons i wasnt that big on him in that draft. Wouldnt be a terrible signing though unless he wants huge money

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Agree with you regarding Anthony Barr.  He just seems to play smaller than his size.  Not real excited about the potential to get him in FA.

So small, a QB can hurdle him for an important 1st Down. juss sayin’

• Like (+1) 2

Pure speculation, but Anthony Barr just doesn't do it for me at the price tag he'll command. In five seasons, he's never recorded more than 4 sacks. With Milano and Edmunds, I wouldn't want to invest heavy in a LB who's never been a productive pass rusher.

The main improvement the Bills need to make defensively is the pass rush, so my hope is that they're looking for more explosive edge athletes whether it be via draft or free agency.

All things being equal, I'd much rather they spend that money on Quinn or HOUSTON if possible.

Edited by BillsSB2020

For me personally...................

I would draft Oshane Ximines from Old Dominion in the 3rd or 4th round and be done with it.

The coaching staff seems to like Mike Love a lot.

Again, for me, let's hope they do this to save a lot of.money and maybe the Bills can develop a young pass rusher or two in the process.

Also, I would be very temped to take Clelin Ferrell at 9 if he is there, despite whatever other needs this team has.